Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Shape of Things

View Date: 11/25/09

This movie, starring Rachel Weisz and Paul Rudd, shows the stars playing college students who meet in an art museum. Weisz plays an art student who sets about cleaning up the loveable schlub presented by Rudd. He winds up losing weight, buying new clothes, and getting more active. His engaged best friend has some issues with the new girlfriend, but Rudd’s character is so blindly in love that he ignores any negative comments, believing that they are made just because of the dislike for her. In the end, he probably should have listened to his friend.

I picked this movie because I am a big fan of Paul Rudd. That being said, I will not likely watch this movie again. It was an OK story, but the characters were more like caricatures. The ending was a huge surprise, and totally threw me for a loop. I wanted to just jump through my screen and strangle pretty much each of the four main characters at least once throughout the course of the movie. I would normally classify that as a good movie, but something just rubbed me wrong about this one. Either way, I can say that I’ve seen it and I don’t have to see it again.

10 words or less: Definitely not my favorite Paul Rudd flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment