Sunday, May 16, 2010

Step Up: 2 the Streets

View Date: 11/23/09

This sequel to the very good Step Up was essentially the reverse of the first movie. Two dancers from different sides of the tracks meet and develop both professional and romantic relationships. This time, however, the dancing is primarily street or hip hop as opposed to more classical forms.

This movie really surprised me with how enjoyable it was. I am a sucker for good dancing, but this was exceptionally well done. I went in thinking that this movie couldn’t live up to the first, but I was pleasantly mistaken. The story was a bit predictable but good nonetheless. And I could watch the dance scenes all day long. I turned this on thinking that it would be something that I could do other things while watching it, but I wound up not being able to tear my eyes away.

10 words or less: Love a surprisingly good movie, especially a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment