Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas 2015 – Non-Beauty

My family and Santa were very good to me this year. When I first started writing up my list of gifts, a wound up being a four-page document. So I’m going to have to break this up into smaller chunks to make it more manageable.

Most of my gifts were beauty related. I received lots of kits, several palettes, and many individual items. Among the non-beauty related items are the toys, gift cards, and a really interesting book. I also received a new camcorder with all kinds of accessories, so I will no longer have to take videos on my regular camera or phone at the kiddo’s swim meets.

This first post is going to be about my non-beauty related items. This should be the shortest of them, but we’ll see how that goes. :-)


  •  Sony HDR-CX405 HandyCam with accessory package (backup battery, car and home charger, two sizes of tripods, cleaning supplies, etc.)
    • From the little bit that I’ve played around with it so far, this seems like a really nice camera. I film all of the kiddos races at every swim meet. Normally I use my regular camera, which is worked out fairly well so far. With her being a distance swimmer, however, there have been times when her whole race cannot be filmed in a single take and needs to be split into two or even three parts. This will hopefully eliminate that.
    • Another thought is that the kiddo or I might start filming YouTube videos. Shout out in the comments if there’s anything you really like to see.
    • What camera do you use?
  • Adipose (Dr. Who) and Ruby Rhod (Fifth Element) FunkoPops (from the Kiddo)
    • These actually need a little bit of explaining. So, I’ve recently lost quite a bit of weight. The Adipose doll represents where the fat has gone. The Ruby Rhod doll went along with the classic Ruby Woo lipstick from Mac (nice play on words kiddo).
    • Do you collect FunkoPops?  Which ones do you have?  Besides these, I have a Dancing Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, a mini Jon Snow, a mini Venom, and mini Harley Quinn.  Which are your favorites?
  • Uncle Tungsten: Memories of a Chemical Boyhood – Oliver Sacks
    • The hubby hears about all kinds of great books on NPR, and this is another one to add to that set. I’m a trained chemist (in a former life) and still a big geek, so I’m looking forward to reading this.
  • A goody bag with snacks, hand sanitizer (from my wonderful coworkers)
    • I need to thank my coworkers again for this wonderful gift. I woke up from a nap on Christmas evening wanting chocolate, and the ones included here perfectly satisfied my craving.
  • A sweatshirt blanket from my department at work
    • This warm and cozy blanket has already earned a permanent place as our car blanket, a huge honor since I am always cold.
  • Various gift cards from friends and family
    • Like I mentioned above, I’ve recently lost a lot of weight. I’m at the point now where I’m going to have to start getting some new clothes pretty soon, so the gift cards will come in very handy.
Well, that’s it for this first “what I got for Christmas” post. Stay tuned for the beauty related posts…


No comments:

Post a Comment