Monday, April 25, 2016

Ipsy - April 2016


I love the bag Ipsy picked this month!  The kiddo isn’t the biggest fan because, according to her, she doesn’t like the more canvas-like bags.  I don’t know what she’s talking about!  This bag, with its swirly, watercolor, almost tie-dye design, is gorgeous.


The contents this month are pretty good too.  Two makeup items, a nail polish, a hair treatment, and a brush made a great mix of products.  I also like that that there are brands here that know I love and others that I’ve never tried before.
 

This month, I received:
  • Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Gel-to-Oil Overnight Repair Treatment – This hair mask will be tricky for me.  A lot of times, I use hair masks like intense conditioners.  This one, you can’t really do that.  You’re supposed to wear it to bed and keep it on overnight, putting a towel down to protect your pillow if needed.  I worry about how well that will work with how I sleep.  If you’ve used this, do you have any tips?
  • Adesse Organic Infused Gel Effect Nail Lacquer in Irina – This is such an interesting color, especially for spring.  It is somewhere between lavender and light cool grey.  There’s something on the bottle that I can’t quite tell what it is; it’s colored, but it doesn’t look like the product leaked.  I haven’t been doing my nails much lately, but this is a color I’d definitely pick.
  • City Color Highlight Trio – I was so excited to see this in my bag this month!  I love highlighters, so it was even better to get 3.  I’ve used some City Color products before and have been impressed with what I’ve tried, which surprised me a little because I found them at the dollar store.  I’m looking forward to using these, not just as face highlighters but also as eyeshadows.
  • Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Crème in Wonder – I love Tarte, and I’m a fan of these.  I have learned that I sometimes have to use a lip liner with these, especially with the darker colors.  And I don’t know why, but the minty scent and tingly nature always surprise me when I use these.
  • Crown Brush C427 Tapered Duo Fiber Brush – I like getting brushes in my Ipsy bags.  I don’t have an over-abundance of brushes, so this helps round out my collection.
 

How was your Ipsy bag this month?

Note: Ipsy link is my referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment