Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Birchbox - April 2016


Birchbox teamed up with Rifle Paper again this month to give us a beautiful box, and filled it with organic and all natural products.  The box itself is beautiful, even if it isn’t my typical style.  The same sort of goes for natural products; it’s not that I am against them, I don’t go seeking them out.


I like the selection of products this month.  I think there’s a good variety, with hair care, face care, fragrance, and more than one makeup sample. (yay!)  I also love the idea of the mini face palette.  In the past, when there has been a set with more than one product, I’ve typically only received one part of it.  This time, I get to experience all three pieces.  (Again, yay!)


On to the samples:
  • Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask – This is a hair mask, which I don’t use a lot of.  I will probably use it at some point, but I don’t know how soon I’ll get to it.
  • Aquareveal Satin Bright Soft Water Peel for Face – My skin can be sensitive, so I don’t use a lot of face peels.  This one is supposed to be fairly gentle, so I might give it a shot.  If you’ve tried this before, what do you think about it?
  • Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus – This isn’t a bad tinted lip balm, but it isn’t my favorite.  In fact, I own this exact one already, so I’ll be passing this on.  The biggest problem I’ve had with Burt’s Bees products (until I used the newest lipsticks) has been in the taste and scent.  This one smells like old school makeup, Play-Doh, and wax.
  • Au Naturale Mini Face Palette in Lively (trio here) – This trio consists of Sangria Lipstick, Palermo Blusher, and Ivory Shadow.  I love that I get to try 3 makeup products in a single sample.  I know not everyone likes it, but I usually prefer using cream products over powders, so this little trio is a fabulous idea.  The shadow is the perfect shade to double as a highlighter, so it’s even more multifunctional. Unfortunately, on first try, these were all really sheer and required multiple applications to get it to show up, and even then it wasn't quite what I wanted.  Do you use any cream makeup, or solely powders?
  • Tocca Florence Eau de Parfum – I’ve had ups and downs with Tocca fragrances, and this one was OK.  I've actually received this before and was one from this brand that I kept, but I will be passing this on because I still have the other sample.  I know some people are very against receiving fragrance samples in their boxes, but I don’t mind either way.  I’ve found some great perfumes this way, but I’ve also experienced some huge duds.  Which side are you on?





I also decided to add on a Birchbox Plus item for the first time this month.  This is when subscribers can add select items onto their box at a discounted price and have them delivered at the same time as their monthly box.  I was drawn to the Triple C Beauty Bar Mirrored Charger, figuring that both an extra portable charger and an extra mirror are always good things to have.  At first I had some concerns because it didn't come with my box like they originally said it would.  However, after going back and forth with customer service and both sides doing some investigating, everything was satisfactorily resolved.

Overall, this wasn’t my favorite box, but it wasn’t a complete wash.  I did like some of the items, and will try out some new ones to see if I can find a new product.  Sometimes, boxes that I think will be duds wind up being some of the best, so I’ll see how this turns out in the end.

How was your Birchbox this month?

Note: Birchbox link is my referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment