Friday, May 6, 2016

Favorites - April 2016

How is it May already?  It seems like just a few minutes ago it was the holidays.  I’ve still been trying to use up my collection, and with that I haven’t run across too many outstanding products this past month.  However, a few items have jumped out at me.

  • Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner – While making my way through my collection, some things did not agree with my skin and totally broke me out.  My standard spot treatments weren’t touching it, so I decided to try out this toner that we had picked up for the kiddo a while ago.  OMG, watch out!  This is insanely strong, but it cleared up my skin within about 2 days.  What do you do to combat breakouts?
  • Taylor Swift Taylor Perfume – I rediscovered this in my stash this month and have used it repeatedly since.  I put this on from the rollerball in the morning and it lingers all day.  Fragrantica describes it as “a sweet, floral-fruity fragrance with a woody base”.  Personally, I love the longevity of the sweet scent; it almost acts like aromatherapy to keep me smiling.  Have you had a go-to fragrance this month?
  • Mally Pro-Tricks Lip Palette (not available on website, search here) – When I got this at a Master Class with Mally (hopefully I’ll get a post out eventually), I wasn’t overly thrilled.  I don’t usually like lip palettes, especially since you have to use a lip brush with them.  Then I tried it.  This lipstick is so creamy and opaque!  I even tried out the darkener and it worked great.  I look forward to using it more.
  • Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio for Brown Eyes – I have been loving this eyeliner this month (you’ll actually see one of them in my empties this month).  The purple is a decent purple for being drugstore, although not my favorite of all time.  The espresso, however, is amazing.  It is a super dark brown, and I have never found anything better for the waterline.  I truly have to scrub with makeup remover at night to get it off the waterline it stays so well.
  • Ink Master – OK, so I know this isn’t a beauty product, but I have been obsessed with this show this month, and before I had a beauty blog I blogged about TV, movies, and books.  I have watched the entire series while keeping up with the current season.  If you don’t know what it is, Ink Master is a tattoo competition on Spike TV airing on Tuesday nights.  They also have a show where they bring back people who weren’t happy with the tattoos they received to confront their artists, Ink Master Revenge.  I can’t get enough of watching these talented artists share their skills with the world.




What were your favorite products this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment