Friday, May 13, 2016

Empties - April 2016


My favorite post of the month, late as usual.  Lots of makeup this month, but quite a few of them are Giveups.  Other than that, it's a pretty even mix across all categories, and a relatively slow month overall compared to recent months.


Makeup
  • Benefit The Porefessional – Sample card from Ulta.  I love Porefessional, and found that it is the best primer for me under powder foundations.  I’ve gotten a lot of samples, mostly because I’ve bought a lot of Benefit products and will continue to do so since some are HG for me so I haven’t found the need to purchase a full size yet, but I need to never be without this.  Purchase: Yes.
  • Benefit They’re Real! Push-up Liner in Beyond Brown – Sample from Ulta.  GIVEUPS.  I tried several times to make this work, but it kept crumbling on me by the end of the day.  I love eyeliner and have so many better ones that I didn’t want to keep this.  Purchase: No.
  • Hard Candy Brows Now! Brow Fiber Gel + Highlighter in Light Medium – Full size.  GIVEUPS.  I first bought this because I didn’t want to spend all of the money on Benefit Gimme Brow.  I thought it was great at first, then after I tried Gimme Brow, this just didn’t compare.  I found it too goopy and the brush too big for my brows.  Repurchase: No.
  • Lip Smacker Cookies ‘N Cream Lip Balm – Full size.  This was a Dollar Store find I just couldn’t pass up.  Lip Smackers HG lip balm, so when I found one in a decent flavor I snatched it up as fast as I could.  Repurchase: Yes (if I can find it again, I think it’s discontinued)
  • Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio for Brown Eyes in Purple – Full size.  I was surprised at just how much I liked this trio, but I'm so glad I heard about a sale on this product line from Tati.  The purple wound up being the being the least pigmented, and I definitely have more pigmented purple eyeliners.  This also didn’t work as great in the waterline as the others in the trio.  However, it was a decent enough product, and the trio is worth working with this one again.  Repurchase: Yes.
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – Sample (probably) from Ulta.  GIVEUPS.  I tried really hard to like this, and I tried really hard to use up this sample, but I just couldn’t.  I made my foundation look cakey regardless of which one I used.  I have enough other primers both to try and that I know I like that it just wasn’t worth it to keep using it.  Purchase: No.  What's your favorite primer?


Face Care
  • Acure Day Cream (Target) – Sample from Target Beauty Box.  I love this day cream.  It’s nice and light but moisturizes well.  I’ve gotten a lot of samples, but I think it would be worth a full size.  Purchase: Yes.
  • Dr. Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution Deep Hydration Mask – Full size.  I do like this better than other Dr. Jart+ sheet masks.  I had tried this as a sample and bought this one myself, and would do it again.  Repurchase: Yes.
  • Goodal Phytowash Yerba Mate Bubble Peeling – Rippy packet from Birchbox On Trend: Korean Beauty Box.  I don’t know if this was any better than any other scrub I use.  I don’t normally use peels so maybe that’s the issue, but I wasn’t overly impressed.  Purchase: No.
  • Goodal Waterest First Essence – Sample from Birchbox On Trend: Korean Beauty Box.  There were times I thought this was burning my skin, but other times it seemed fine, so I’m not sure at this point.  Either way, I’d rather be safe than sorry.  Purchase: No.
  • Manefit Cucumber Soothing + Moisturizing Manefit Beauty Planner Mask (Birchbox) – Full size from Birchbox On Trend: Korean Beauty Box.  This was a nice soothing mask I received in a subscription box.  If it’s a decent price I might consider more.  Purchase: Maybe.
  • Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – Full size.  HG item.  Repurchase: Yes (already have)


Skincare


Fragrance
  • Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black (Sephora) – Full size rollerball.  I love this perfume and am actually considering getting a full size.  I’m just trying to use up some of my other ones first.  Repurchase: Yes (definitely!)
  • Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Eau de Toilette Spray – Sample from Ulta.  I generally like Marc Jacobs perfumes, and this is no exception.  They don’t necessarily last all day and I tend to get samples all the time so I haven’t felt the need to actually purchase any yet.  Purchase: Maybe.


Hair Care


Other
  • BBW PocketBac in Black Cherry Merlot and Pure Paradise – Full size.  HG product.  Everyone loved the Black Cherry Merlot scent; I got lots of comments from BMT nurses that it smelled like fruit snacks, and we even bought one for the hubby.  Pure Paradise was fine, and I wouldn’t avoid it but I may not seek it out.  Repurchase: Product: Yes.  Scents: Black Cherry Merlot definitely, Pure Paradise maybe.
  • Hello Fluoride Toothpaste in Supermint – Sample (probably) from Target Beauty Box.  The kiddo mostly used this, and she actually didn’t mind this even though she doesn’t usually like mint products.  Even though it’s called Supermint, the flavor seemed less strong than my usual toothpaste.  If the kiddo wanted this, I would pick it up, but I probably wouldn’t grab this for myself.  Repurchase: Not for myself.
What do you think?  Will you be trying out any of these?  Did any of the ones I didn't like work well for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment