Thursday, May 26, 2016

Target Beauty Box - May 2016



I’m usually a big fan of the Target Beauty Boxes, but this one is rather repetitive in that I’ve gotten several of these products in previous boxes from them before.  Yes, there are some new ones here, and some new products from familiar brands, but I really like trying new products and am getting tired of the repeats.


On another note, I like how Target has been changing the color of the tissue paper used in their boxes every month.  I realize this is a very little thing, but it’s a nice surprise every time I open the box.



Let’s get into the products themselves:
  • L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes for Body – I don’t really do self-tanning (in fact, I think I tried it all of twice before a trip to Hawaii a few months ago), so I need to check out how difficult this is to use.  If it’s too complicated or the chance for streaking or rubbing off on clothing, etc., is large, I don’t think I’ll use it.  Do you fake tan?  What are your favorite products?
  • Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream – I’m not a huge fan of rippy packets, but I’ll add this to my pile of moisturizers to use.

  • Clairol Hair Food Dry Shampoo Infused with Kiwi Fragrance (Target) – I actually just started a can of this that I got in a previous Target Beauty Box.  It is really strong and acts like a texturizing spray in addition to dry shampoo.  Do you use your dry shampoo for styling too, or just to absorb the oil?  It definitely feels like there is something in my hair when I use it, and the feeling stays all day, which is a feeling I don’t always get with other dry shampoos.  However, it can also feel somewhat sticky, and I definitely can’t get a brush through my hair after using it.  I’m still undecided on this one. 
  • Andalou Naturals Night Repair Cream – I’m swimming in moisturizers for both face and body right now, so this won’t get used for a while.

  • Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream – Again, my moisturizer bins are overflowing right now.  However, this is a repeat offender sample.  I know that Laneige is a Target exclusive brand, but it seems like every box has at least one product from them.  Are you getting tired of this brand too, or should Target keep sending samples from them?
  • Derma E Firming DMAE Moisturizer – Another moisturizer?  I do like Derma E, but why does the box need so many moisturizer samples?

  • Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser – I don’t think I’ve ever gotten this specific product as a sample before, but Target does send a lot of Cerave samples so I may have.  At least I know I like their face soaps.
  • Burt’s Bees Cleansing Oil – So I never jumped on the cleansing oil bandwagon, and hesitated to buy a full size in case I didn’t like the way it worked.  I’m looking forward trying out this sample and, if I like it, maybe exploring the product type more.  Do you use cleansing oils?  What works best for you?
  • L’Oreal Le Matte Velvety Full Coverage Lip Colour – I’m a huge fan of lipstick, and lip crayons especially.  I’ve been wearing matte lipstick fairly consistently since the 90’s, so it never really went out of style (for me at least).  I’ve also heard great reviews on this product.  Unfortunately, the color I received isn’t the best for me.  I also find it a little annoying that there is no shade name on the tube.  Grrrrr…


So, lots of products this month, but not a great variety and several that have been sent in the past.  Do they figure that people don’t get these boxes every month?  I don’t know; the people online that I run across that discuss it tend to stalk Target so they can try to grab it as soon as each new one comes out, especially now that they seem to be coming out monthly.


What did you think of your Target Beauty Box this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment