Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Target Beauty Box - April 2016

Note: I know how late this is, especially since I just got my May Target Beauty Box today.  But here's a summary of the April 2016 Target Beauty Box for your enjoyment.


In April, Target put out a jam-packed beauty box perfect for Spring and Summer.  There is the requisite sunscreen and lots of skincare to help transition our dry winter skin to being beach-worthy.  As always, included in the box is a $3 coupon for beauty products at Target, so you can pick up any products you might be missing to help you get ready for warmer weather.


I’m usually a big fan of the Target boxes, I just wish there was a subscription service.  What are your thoughts?


This month included:


  • Marlowe Body Butter – For being body butter, this is pretty light and nice for spring.  It definitely has a scent, but it’s not a bad one, just one I can’t quite place.
  • CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Temptress Rose – This seems like a nice formula, I just don't know about the color yet.  Did you get the same color or something different?
  • Cerave Healing Ointment – When I first looked at this, I thought it was going to feel like Vaseline or Aquaphor, but it’s actually more like a solid potted lip balm.  I don’t know how great this will be on other body parts (it says it can be used on dry, cracked skin), but it should be great on lips.
  • Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes – I’m a big fan of face wipes, and I’ve liked most things from Simple.  These aren’t my favorite wipes, but they’re not the worst I’ve used in the past, so they’ll definitely be used.


So, while I won’t use all of these products, I do know some will come in very handy.  I will definitely use the mask and wipes, and I’ll see if the foundation is the right color (though I’m not hopeful).  The body butter, healing ointment, and sunscreen will be added to my stock and will get used eventually, but I won’t likely be reaching for them right away.


What did you think of the April Target box?

No comments:

Post a Comment