Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Birchbox - May 2016


This May, Birchbox is getting us ready for summer by making sure we have sunscreen, and in my case, in more than one way.  While I like the idea, I was really disappointed in the size of some of the samples, particularly the Coola primer (more on that below).  At least I did receive extra samples with the shampoo and conditioner rippy packets.


Also, why is it that for the past two months I haven't had tissue paper in my box?



 Now for the samples:
  • Matrix Oil Wonders Volume Rose Plumping Mousse – This is a great size from a brand known for their haircare products.  While I don’t necessarily use mousse every day, I do use it, and I’m looking forward to trying it out.
  • Matrix Oil Wonders Volume Rose Shampoo and Conditioner for Fine Hair – I’m glad I received these “extra” samples because they make up for the small size of some of the other ones.  Even though they are rippy packets, which are never a favorite, they are actually a good size.  Since they are in the same line as the mousse, it will be nice to see how they all work together.

  • Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel for Body – I have always been hesitant to use peels before, but had a good first experience recently.  I know Real Chemistry face peels generally get good reviews, so I’m interested in trying this out.  What do you think about the face peel?  Have you tried out the body peel yet?
  • MD Solar Sciences Mineral Moisture Defense SPF 50 for Body – For being a body sunscreen, this is a really small sample.  The tube is tiny, but since it is opaque I can’t tell how full it is.  I don’t know if I’ll be able to get a good feel of this product from this single sample.
  • Coola Daydream Mineral Primer – This sample was my biggest disappointment by far.  The tube is tiny, and if you hold it up to the light you can see that it is almost empty.  It looks like there may be only a single application in it, which is ridiculous for a face primer.  How am I supposed to make an educated decision about this product using such a small sample?
  • Model Co Lip Lacquer in Morocco – This looks like a gorgeous MLBB gloss, but the thing that really stands out for me is the scent.  I love it!  It smells like one of my all-time favorite Lip Smacker products, one of the berry clear glosses (either strawberry or cherry, leaning more toward strawberry).  What’s your favorite scent for a lip product?  Even if the color doesn’t pan out on me, or the formula isn’t my favorite since I don’t wear gloss all that much, the scent alone may be enough for me to keep it around.  Do you prefer lipstick or gloss?



So as you can tell, I have mixed feelings about this month’s box.  How was your Birchbox this month?  Shout out in the comments below.

Note: Birchbox link is my referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment