Saturday, December 20, 2014

Target Naturally Festive Beauty Box

I love the idea of beauty boxes. They give you the opportunity to try products or brands that you might not have heard of, or might not be willing to pay for a full size. Because of beauty boxes, I have also gotten to the point now that I don't feel bad throwing out a sample before it's used up if it really isn't working for me, which is a significant step for me.

On Black Friday, Target was having a one-day-only sale on 3 different beauty boxes: men's, women's, and naturals. They were incredibly reasonable deals, so I picked up both the women's and naturals boxes.



Here's a quick unboxing of the Naturally Festive box. This was available for $5 (online only), and Target was (and still is) offering free shipping on all orders, no minimum required. This box is full of items from companies that are well-known for their natural products.

  • Soapbox Shampoo with Restorative Argan Oil (sample) – This smells yummy! The website for this company was really difficult to track down, though.

  • Skinfix Hand Repair Cream (sample) – This is fragrance-free and seems nice and thick. I'm looking forward to trying this if my hubby doesn't use it first.

  • Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes (travel size) – I use face wipes every night before bed to take my makeup off. I tossed this pack in my gym bag since I needed a new one there, but haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie (sample) – This smells like coconut and flowers and tropical vacations. From what I can tell, this is a styling aid that can be used in the same way as hair oil, so I may be able to use this that way.

  • Borghese Age-Defying Cellulare Complex Exfoliate Facial Scrub (sample) – This is a physical facial scrub that seems to smell nice. The particle size seems similar to the Acure scrub below. I look forward to using this.

  • Acure Brightening Facial Scrub (sample) – I LOVE this scrub! I think I first got a sample of it in Birchbox, and am actually using it several times a week right now. I love the light minty scent with hints of other herbs. I like that this is a physical scrub, and the particles a just the right size for my face. I do remember the first time I used it I was a little surprised that it was almost black, but that was easy enough to get used to.
  • Target coupon

While there were no full-sized products in here, I do think the box was worth the cost. If you consider the sample sizes as travel items, you would be paying about $1 each, maybe more. Getting 6 sample/travel sizes for $5 seems like a pretty decent deal.

How do you feel about beauty boxes? Love 'em or hate 'em?


Keep on the lookout for my other recent purchase, the Target Women's Beauty Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment