Saturday, December 13, 2014

First Impressions on Some Random Things

So far, I've done first impression posts on eye and lip products.  This will wrap up the first impressions with all of the other things I've tried out for the first time this week.

Perfume:
Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey – Yuck! I really don’t like this. No matter how little I put on, it just lingers and gags me all day. My coworker liked it, so it will be going to her.

Elizabeth and James Nirvana White – The sample of this is actually OK. I could wear this, even though it’s not my usual type of scent. The biggest problem is that it doesn’t stay for very long.

Shower:
Soap and Glory Clean on Me Creamy Moisture Shower Gel – I love the clean scent of Soap and Glory products, and this is no exception. This is a travel size I got in a kit for Christmas last year that I’ve been saving because I didn’t want to run out of everything. Now that I know where to find it, I get to enjoy! I do wish it was in a different bottle, because it is a little difficult to get out sometimes.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser – This was a sample from Birchbox that came with a soft cloth. The two are supposed to be used together as a system following a specific procedure, blah blah blah. I’m barely awake enough to wash my face in the morning, let alone follow a specific system, and I use face wipes at night, so that wasn’t going to happen. I decided to save the cloth for later and use the cleanser on its own. So far it seems nice enough. It has a pleasant light mint/eucalyptus scent, and it hasn’t broken me out yet.

Other:
NYX Dewy Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray – People tend to rave about setting sprays, so I thought I’d give this one a shot since it wasn’t outrageously expensive. I’m not sure if it really does anything, and it smells a little like diluted Elmer’s glue.

Bain de Terre Argan Oil and Passion Flower Color Therapy Styling Oil – I use hair oil almost every day to try to prevent fly-aways, especially in this dry weather. This was a sample I received, and it works fine. It is thicker than most, and smells nice.

I'm sure I'll be trying more in the upcoming days and weeks.  Hopefully most will be good, maybe even enough to be included in my December favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment