Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Birchbox December 2014



The theme of December's Birchbox is Decked Out for the Holidays. Many of the extra videos, etc, played up the idea with jeweled necklaces, buying gits for others, and treating yourself.


The box itself included:

  • $10 The Gap gift card – This was a nice treat to find.. It essentially made the box free this month.





  • Mirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24Hr Mascara in Black – I am a big fan of mascara samples, since I'm still trying to find a mascara I really love. I will gladly give this one a shot.


  • Number 4 Hair Care Hydrating Shampoo (with extra rippy packet of conditioner not listed on card) – I'm pretty sure I've gotten a sample of this before and it is a fine shampoo, so I'll use this at some point. The conditioner was a surprise sample, especially since it wasn't even listed on the card listing all the box contents, but I'm sure I'll use that too.


  • Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask – I have been trying to use facial masks at last once a week lately, but it has been working out to more like once every two weeks. This once seems nice enough, and I think the packaging is really cute. I may try this when the sample I'm using now runs out.

  • Rusk Texture Dry Finishing Spray – I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this. I shower daily, and usually leave the house with wet hair, which doesn't leave me many opportunities to use this in the way that is recommended on the can. I may try it like my sea salt spray and see how it does.



  • W3LL People Bio Brightener Stick in Moonstone – I've recently been using highlighters more, so I'm interested in trying this out. I didn't like the only other product I tried from W3LL People, more because of the smell than anything else. Hopefully this will be better.

Overall, I'm glad the gift card was in here, because I'm not overwhelmed with the samples this month. There are a few, but it's not as good as some past months, and not as good as some of the other boxes/bags I've gotten this month.


How was your Birchbox this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment