Sunday, December 28, 2014

Walmart Beauty Box Winter 2014/2015



Back in October, I tried to grab the Fall Walmart Beauty Box, but they had already sold out. In doing so I automatically signed up to receive future boxes starting with the winter box. These currently go for $5 each with free shipping.


The items included:

Pond's Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream (travel size/sample) – I plan on using this once my current night cream runs out, which should be pretty soon. Funny (and sweet) story: when I was showing both the kiddo and my hubby the box (separately) and I pulled this one out, they both said “but you don't have wrinkles”. It was really sweet if totally not true.



Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash; Dove Oxygen Moisture Conditioner for fine, flat hair; and Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo for fine, flat hair (all travel size) – These all seem to go together as kind of a nice set. I'm sure I'll use these at some point. I've used similar Dove products before without any issues.




CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor in 626 Canyon (full size) – This one, I'm really excited about. This is the only full size product in the box, and luckily it is a color that looks very promising. I can't wait to try this out!

Pond's Wet Cleansing Towlettes in Original Fresh (travel size) – I think I mentioned in a recent post that I use face wipes every night, so these will be put in the rotation.


Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder (sample) – This is a small sample on a cardboard insert, and on the flip side was a coupon. So, OK, a powder sample is nice and seems to be about the right shade for me. But really, couldn't they spring for a coupon that expired a little more than 2 weeks from when we received the box?

Overall, I thought this was kind of a weak box. I will use the products, and the lipstick alone was worth more than $5, making the box worth the cost. However, compared to other similar boxes for similar cost, this was the weakest of the bunch. Also, it really kind of irked me that they sent a coupon that expired within 2 weeks.


Did you pick up the Walmart box? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment