Friday, January 15, 2016

Refresh and Renewal Target Beauty Boxes (January 2016)


Target has been on their game recently with their Beauty Boxes.  Even though they don’t have a subscription service, they have been putting them out on a more regular basis.  Each box is usually less than $10 and has around 7 products, often including one or two full-size ones.

In January, Target released 2 boxes, focused on the New Year: the Refresh box and the Renewal box.  Each was $7, and each contained at least one full-size product of $5-$6, making the box completely worth purchasing.  Additionally, shipping is free, and you get your 5% discount with your red card if you have one.  (Even though the boxes are no longer available, I linked to each of the pages below because they list each of the products and have links to their individual Target pages)

Here’s what was in each box:



Renewal:

Based on the number of full-size products included, the Renewal box is a better value.  I’ll definitely be trying out the mascara, and have liked everything I’ve tried so far from Hada Labo.  The kiddo will be trying out the Wet Skin Moisturizer since we’re in the depths of swim season.

However, I LOVE Acure Day Cream and was on the verge of purchasing this for myself before the box arrived.  Also, I have been interested in the micellar wipes since I am a huge fan of the Simple Micellar Water and use wipes every night.  I’ll also definitely use the hair ties included in the Refresh box, whereas, I’m not as sure I’ll use the headwrap.

Either way, these are both great boxes.

Were you able to grab these?  Did you get the same products or did they substitute something?  I think they wound up changing my Clear shampoos for others in the brand since they don’t match exactly what was listed on the enclosed card.  Which do you think is the better value?  Which has more products you would use?

Because this isn't a subscription service, it can sometimes be hard to know when these go on sale.  You can try stalking the Target Beauty Box page, but the most helpful thing I've found has been following the blog Nouveau Cheap.  G. gives great advice and tips about drugstore beauty finds, and I've found some great things through her!

No comments:

Post a Comment