Friday, January 1, 2016

Favorites – December 2015

Happy New Year!  I’m trying to get a whole bunch of posts written fast and furious-like, and this is the one that makes the most sense to come out next.  There are still more “What I got for Christmas” posts, and a 2015 Favorites posts, plus the standard December Empties coming (and that one’s going to be long!), so stay tuned…

There have been some great products that I’ve really relied on this month.  I love being able to share them with you here.



The Body Shop Brush on Radiance in Apricot – Speaking of finishing powders, I have been loving using this as one.  It doesn’t add too much shimmer or color to add to the whole face, and generally seems to just perk up my face a bit.  I think it also helps liven me up since I’m so pale and wear the lightest shade BB cream, which can look a little ghostly in certain lights.  The kiddo got me this for Christmas last year and I’ve used it off and on as a highlighter, but for me it works better as a finishing powder.

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanilla Extreme rollerball – I got this as a GWP from Birchbox, and it has become my go-to weekend perfume.  The GWP was a choice between three different vanilla scents from this brand, and the Extreme was not actually my first choice.  The description mentions that it is a blend of vanilla and exotic spices, and that originally made me shy away from it.  My oh my, I am so glad I got this one!  You really don’t smell spice, but they enhance the vanilla scent.  Every time I wear it, someone winds up asking me what I’m wearing or what smells so good.

elf Acne Fighting Spot Gel with Aloe – This has been a great discovery thanks to Jessica from the YouTube channel JAMbeauty89.  This spot treatment contains Salicylic Acid and has been working really well.  Since it’s a clear gel, I’ve used this under makeup with no problems, which means I’ve been able to use it more than once a day.  Another good thing to try out for just a couple of bucks.

elf Complexion Brush – I’ve been using the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12 Hour Primer for my base many days, but I find that it leaves a slick feel to the skin since it is silicone based.  I’ve been setting my makeup with either Benefit Dandelion powder or The Body Shop Brush on Radiance in Apricot, and up until recently I’ve used the elf Powder Brush.  It’s worked ok, but then I picked up the Complexion Brush, thanks to the raves by Emily from the Beauty Broadcast YouTube channel.  The Complexion Brush is softer and its rounded top makes it easier to apply the finishing powders over large areas.  I definitely recommend adding this to your collection, especially at only $3 each.

LOC Love of Color - I purchased the entire set of the One & Done Shadow Sticks, then I got one of the lipsticks (Glam Life, a great matte berry color) in my November 2015 Birchbox.  Let me tell you, I use these so much!  I use the eyeshadows just about every day, so much that I’ve had to sharpen some of them at least 3 or 4 times already.  The lipstick stays put and doesn’t feather on me, which has been more of a problem recently.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Tightlining Eyeliner in Black Brown – I received this as part of a gift kit purchased from QVC.  It is the perfect combination of color, creaminess, and staying power.  It lasts really well on my waterline, and is a great alternative to black since that’s not my favorite.  I like how skinny it is, though that did make me to go through it faster.  In fact, I think this is the fastest I’ve ever gone through an eyeliner, especially with using more than one at a time right now.


To borrow from The Sound of Music, “these are a few of my favorite things.”  What were your standouts this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment