Monday, January 4, 2016

What I Got for Christmas (Beauty Related) - Individual Items

I received an abundance of beauty products for Christmas.  So many, I’ve had to split my list into at least 3 posts.  Here is the first, what I’m calling the Individual Items.  These are items that are not kits or sets.  They may have more than one color, such as a palette, but are a single item when all components are held in your hand.



Top row: Fearless, Flawless, Firm, Flirty, Friendly, Fierce
Bottom Row: Fabulous, Faithful, Fit, Feisty, Funky, Fine

·         The Balm Nude Dude Nude Eyeshadow Palette – This palette has been out for a while, and gets great reviews.  It is a well-rounded neutrals palette with a good blend of mattes and shimmers, light and dark.  While swatching, it did seem that the shimmery shades were creamier, while the matte shades were drier, patchy, and somewhat difficult to swatch.  I will know more once I get to use the palette for some actual looks.



·         MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo – The kiddo put a lot of thought into this one.  I briefly mentioned this the other day.  She picked this lipstick to go along with one of the FunkoPops she picked out for me, and insisted that I open them back-to-back.  I love her imagination and the wordplay (Ruby Woo and Ruby Rhod).



·         MAC Matte Lipstick in Evening Rendezvous – This was another one from the kiddo, and was a huge surprise.  I didn’t know anything about this one, and it’s gorgeous!  I love the packaging, love the color, love everything about it!  It’s limited edition and had to be ordered, since even after asking she couldn’t find it in-store.

L to R: Brown Powder, Taupe Powder, Brow Wax

Kit includes the powders, wax, mirror, and tool kit
·         Tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Tool Box – This cute little kit is included here because it is basically just an eyebrow duo like you could pick up in the drugstore, but better quality, and with a great set of tools.  There’s a brow was, and both brown and taupe brow powders.  The tools include tweezers, a brush, and a spoolie, and are contained in a small, pop-out compartment.




L to R: High, Dirtysweet, Radar, Armor, Slanted, Dagger, Black Market, Smolder, Password, Whiskey, Combust, Thirteen
 ·         Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette – Thank you so much Santa for listening to me on this one.  This is the only Naked palette I’ve ever wanted.  I really like the deeper, richer colors of this palette compared to the more subdued neutrals in the other Naked palettes.  I usually wear gold eyeshadow as a base most days, but then change up my other colors.  This should provide me with those options.  (Also available here and here)

Stay tuned for at least two more beauty-related Christmas posts.  What was on your holiday wishlist this year?  Did you get any of it?



No comments:

Post a Comment