Monday, April 4, 2016

Favorites - March 2016

I didn’t have an overwhelmingly outstanding month makeup-wise.  I mean that by the true definition of the word: not much stood out to me way above others.  Maybe it’s because I’m still in my push to use things up, but most of what I used was pretty mediocre to good, but not overwhelming.

The few that did stand out are as follows:


  • Lipsmackers lip products: I’ve used two different types this month, the standard lip balm and the more gloss-type with a doe-foot applicator.  Both last forever and thoroughly moisturize my lips without being sticky.  I love so many flavors, especially of the balm, but the strawberry is probably my favorite of the glosses.  The balm is one of my HG products.
  • BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eye Shadow – I received 3 of these for the holidays, and just pulled them out again this month.  They make a great base for a full eye look, but also work wonderfully if I’m just throwing some eyeliner on.  You can really alter your look by how thick you apply the color; I’ve really been enjoying using a very light layer of Divine Wine just with eyeliner.  If I’m going to use it as a base for a more complex eye look, I’ll usually go for the Soft Linen (almost exactly my skin tone) or Blushing Pink.  I have found, though, that I don’t like how these blend with each other.  I prefer to stick with just one of these and mix in other shadows.


So, that’s it.  That’s all that jumped out at me this month.  Hopefully more will tickle my fancy next month.  Then again, hopefully I’ll have more opportunity to wear a full face of makeup next month as well so I can use more products.


What really stood out to you this month?  Is there anything you think I really need to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment