Friday, March 25, 2016

Ipsy – March 2016


March’s Ipsy was all about Spring.  There were actually 2 bags this month with an inverse color scheme of each other: one mostly blue with pink flower outlines, the other mostly pink with blue flower outlines. (I got the blue with pink outlines seen above) While the design doesn’t overly thrill me, it’s not the worst I’ve seen, either.

I love makeup, so I absolutely love when my subscription boxes are heavy on makeup samples.  Ipsy definitely kept me satisfied this month!  Out of the 5 samples, 3 were makeup.  Then there was 1 tool and one body product.  Not only that, but just about everything was full size this month.  Overall, this was a really good bag!

On to the products:

  • Margaret Dabbs London Super Shiner Buffer – This is a full-size nail buffer that seems to be pretty decent.  It’s a little irksome to me that it doesn’t fit well into the bag, but that’s the price for being a full-size product.
  • Nourish Organic Rejuvenating Rose Hip & Rosewater Body Oil Mist – I’ve liked the few other products I’ve tried from this brand before, so I’m interested in this one.  The kiddo pointed out that it says in the name that it’s a mist, but the sample came in a tube, so I won’t get the full experience of how this product is truly supposed to work.  Also, based on past experience with products from this company, oils in tubes can be a messy scenario.
  • Pixi Beauty Blush Duo – This is beautiful!  I wouldn’t call both of these blushes, because one is definitely light enough even on me to be a highlighter, but the swatches look gorgeous.  I do wish the lid was a flip-top instead of a screw-off for convenience purposes, but it seems to be a very secure lid so I’m not overly concerned.
  • Vera Mona Eyeshadow in Clover – This seems like a beautiful eyeshadow, and a multitasking product at that.  It’s a shimmery pink, so it could probably be used as a shimmery blush or highlighter as well, depending on your skin tone.  I’m a little surprised to see a pink eyeshadow; so many people don’t like them.  I seem to be one of the few who will use pink eyeshadows routinely; mixed properly with other colors, especially purples, they don’t make me look sick like others claim.  (It looks like this is normally one color that comes in a palette, but I don't see it sold separately on their website.)
  • NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels – This bright red matte liquid lipstick is a gorgeous formula.  It is definitely not transfer proof, but it also never claims to be.  It reminds me a lot of the Rimmel Matte Lip Velvets in texture when they go on, or even the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, but it dries down more.




Again, I am so happy with this month’s bag.  This is probably one of the best product-wise I have gotten in a long time.

What did you get in your Ipsy this month?  Did you get any of these same products?  Were you happy with yours or could it have been better?  Shout out in the comments!


Note: Ipsy link is my referral link.  If you haven’t joined yet, you should give it a try!

All products link to the company's website when possible, but they can all be purchase through Ipsy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment