Saturday, November 29, 2014

Birchbox November 2014


The theme of this month's Birchbox was Giving, with Birchbox donating money to an AIDS charity when photos of the box are shared using a specific hashtag. Also provided was a booklet with gift ideas available through Birchbox to fulfill all of your gift-giving needs.
The kiddo noticed that this month, the full sizes for all but one item in my box is less than $20. I appreciate that, because it really makes me consider purchasing the full size if I like the product.


Looking at the products:



Not Soap, Radio Joy Inducing Body Wash: This body wash has a relatively subtle lemon-dominant citrus scent, and I look forward to trying it. I do wish that the names described the scents better. If when I try the product I do like it, I hesitate to purchase any other scents not having a better description of their aromas.

Tocca Crema Da Mano in Bianca: This rich hand cream has a mild scent, kind of like iced tea with a hint of lemon. Although it is a true cream in that it is thick, it does seem to absorb well.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive: This product very runny. I just opened the tube to smell and sample it and it came pouring out! From what I can tell, I can't really determine scent. I don't usually use peels, and have not yet tried this one.

Bain de Terre Argan Oil and Passion Flower Color Therapy Styling Oil: This oil has a pleasant scent and is one of the thicker hair oils I've sampled. I will be putting this into the sample pile of hair oils to try, but I should get to it very soon.

Ellovi Tinted Lip Butter: Of all the products from this month's box, I've had the opportunity to try this one the most. Unfortunately, I don't have great things to say about it. I do like that this is an all natural product. This does come across in the product in both the scent and especially texture. The butter is sort of lumpy, which feels odd when applying. The oval shape makes applying kind of awkward. Finally, although this lip butter looks tinted in the tube, the color does not transfer to the lips when applied, not even really in a swatch on the hand.


Justin's Chocolate Almond Butter: I enjoy getting food treats in my Birchbox, and I think my family like them even more! I like that this comes in an individual packet. I'll be tossing this in either my gym bag or my daughter's swim bag as a good post-workout treat.  
Overall, I thought this was a decent box.  Once I have a chance to try out the products more thoroughly, I'll have a better idea.
What did you think of your Birchbox this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment