Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ipsy November 2014






The theme of this month's Ipsy is Girl meets Glitter. This comes through perfectly with the bag that was provided by Forever 21 Cosmetics for Ipsy. The sparkles are actually a part of the vinyl meaning they will not flake off. The bag is a little on the small side, but the pink zipper makes for a cute accent.




Temptu S/B Highlighter in Pink Pearl: This is a liquid highlighter of very thin consistency. When first applied it looks very pink but shears out to a subtle glow. Because this is such a thin product you have to be very careful when applying it or too much will be dispensed.


IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Neutral Medium: This product is very thick, and a little goes a very long way. I’m glad I read the description on the Ipsy site for application suggestions, or I likely would have applied WAY too much. Even still, the swatch appears to be pretty dark for me, so I’ll have to see if I can use it at all.

Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray: Because this hairspray contains argan oil, it should provide a nice shine. I’m passing this one off to my mom, so hopefully she will report back with her thoughts.



Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Base in Submissive: This gorgeous bronze color can be built up to opaque or sheered out to give just a hint of sparkle. It is the smoother, creamier, “oilier” consistency I prefer in cream eyeshadows because it allows for easier application and blending. The producer indicates that this product can be used either on its own or as a base for powder eyeshadows, which is what I have found with other cream eyeshadows. I am looking most forward to trying this product out!

J. Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion: I have heard about these as a dupe of OCC Lip Tars, and was both excited and a little hesitant to try it, especially when I saw the color I received. When this first comes out of the tube, it appears to be blood red. However, as it gets sheered out, it changes to anything from a medium to deep berry depending on how sheer you go. I can definitely see myself wearing this color. The product itself, on the other hand, I’ll need to play around with. Right now, I don’t have a lip brush, which makes this a messy product to use, but it does intrigue me.

All in all, there’s only one product I definitely won’t use that will be passed along and one that may be the wrong color for me. I’ll have to play around with the lip paint and highlighter until I feel more comfortable with them, but I think eventually I’ll like both products. And I can’t wait to use the eye base!

Do you subscribe to Ipsy? What did you think of your box this month?



No comments:

Post a Comment