Saturday, November 15, 2014

Target Beauty Box Fall 2014


I had been debating whether to pick up the Fall 2014 Target Beauty Box for a while. I wasn't hugely interested in several of the products, and knew that I just wouldn't use others. However, after reading a review/unboxing of the box and learning a bit more about the BB Cream (see below), I decided that it was most definitely worth the $7, especially with the free shipping being offered by Target.




First off, this box comes with a card describing all included products. After receiving some beauty boxes without this now, I realize just how helpful this is and how much I really depend on it when I'm opening the box. As an added bonus, there's a $3 coupon off $15 for beauty purchases at Target attached to the bottom!  It also came with a 20% off coupon to Dermstore.com.

Laneige Cushion BB Cream (sample) – I recently read good things about cushion foundations and was interested in trying them, but there are very few options available locally and they are rather expensive with few shades available. Samples were provided of 3 shades which are all available at Target, so I'll be able to really figure out if it works and which color to pick before I spend more than I normally would for a drugstore foundation.

Fekkai Blowout Dry Shampoo (travel size) – I haven't tried this yet, but added it to the pile of products to try. I don't use dry shampoo often, but will give it a shot when I do.

L'Oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray (travel size) – I've heard good things about this, but I don't use hairspray. This one got passed to my mom, who will definitely get use out of it and will hopefully report back.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (full size) – I use cream shadow every day, at least as a base for other eye shadow. I look forward to trying this.


L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire in Ruby Opera (full size) – Not a fan so far of this. It goes on patchy and was difficult to apply in general. The scent reminds me of fruit punch that is heavy in peach, but it's subtle to the point of thinking “am I really smelling that or am I imagining it?” The color itself isn't bad, but it's not my favorite either. It's rather dark and looks red at first, but when you put it on you realize that it's a dark hot pink with quite a bit of shimmer.

Overall, I think this box gave a good variety of products for a very good price. Some of the products I know I won't use, but for $7 it was worth the products that I will use, especially since 2 of them are full size.  Unfortunately, this box is no longer available, but all of the products can be picked up at Target.


Did you pick up this Fall's Target Beauty Box? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment