Friday, January 9, 2015

Empties November/December - Part 2

Here's the rest of the Empties!

Skincare
  • Ahava Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream – Not positive but sample probably from Ulta. This had a nice consistency, but kind of an odd smell. Purchase: No.
  • Air Repair Rescue Balm All Purpose Skin Salve and Lip Balm – Sample from Birchbox. This product was another of what I grouped into the Aquaphor-like creams, although this one did have a slight menthol smell. I see no reason to but this when I can get other similar products for a lower price. Purchase: No.
  • Dermadoctor Shrinking Beauty Body Beautiful Lotion (not available) – Not positive but sample probably from Ulta. This was a really nice lotion that was actually more the consistency of hand cream. Although it doesn't say it, this was mostly fragrance-free, which was helpful. Purchase: Maybe.
  • Essential Elements Wake Up Rosemary Shower Gel – Sample from Birchbox. This shower gel smelled lovely, like rosemary and mint with a hint of eucalyptus. I found it really nice and refreshing, and it helped me wake up in the morning. I just don't know if it's worth the cost. Purchase: Maybe.
  • Harvey Prince Ageless Body Cream – Sample from Birchbox. I am not a fan of pink grapefruit, but the scent of this is intoxicating. The body cream is pretty good too. Purchase: Yes.
  • Naobay Body Radiance Lotion – Sample from Birchbox. I'm torn about this lotion. The lotion itself is just OK. I do really like the light citrus smell, but the hubby is having a hard time with it, and I already have lemon-scented lotions I love. So for now... Purchase: No.
  • The Body Shop Body Butter in Shea – Travel size. We got this for my hubby when he got ultra-dry and his nurses suggested shea butter. He is super sensitive to scents right now, so we went to Ulta and I had him smell the Body Shop body butters until we found some he could tolerate. We decided to get the travel size in case they didn't work for him, but he used this up in no time (with me helping :) ). Repurchase: Yes, in both the travel and the larger size.

Fragrance
  • Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline L'eau de Parfum – Paper sample, not positive but probably from Ulta. This was OK, but not good enough for me to purchase a larger size. Purchase: No.
  • Elizabeth and James Nirvana White – Sample from either Macy's or Sephora. I've actually already purchased the rollerball of this, along with the Black. Purchase: Yes.
  • Versace Crystal Noir – Not positive but sample probably from Ulta. This fragrance is really nice; I really like how the Versace samples have the notes listed on them. This is classified as Oriental/Floral, and I find it darker than the Versace Bright Crystal fragrance sample I tried. I might like this if they come out with a rollerball or something similar. Purchase: Maybe.

Hair Care
  • Agave Healing Oil Treatment – Sample from Birchbox. I didn't realize until half-way through the packet that this was an oil treatment that was supposed to be put on and washed out. Instead, I used it as a standard hair oil, and it seemed to work ok. I loved its slightly smell aroma, which made it different than any other oil I have tried. At this point, though, I don't use a lot of hair masks, and have plenty of those and hair oils. Purchase: No.
  • Davines Oi Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion – Rippy packet sample from Birchbox. This hair oil seemed to be as good as any other, from the little bit that I could tell. Unfortunately, the rippy packet made this very messy to use, since I did not use up the entire sample in one go. Even to dispose of it, I put it in a zip-top bag because the oil had gotten everywhere. That really put me off to this product, especially when I already have others that work fine. Purchase: No.
  • Neil George Conditioner – Sample from Birchbox. I received both the shampoo and conditioner, but always tend to use up conditioners before shampoos (I heavily condition my hair and leave it in for a long time like a mask). This worked fine, but I have others that have been recommended by my hair stylist. Purchase: No.
  • Redkin Diamond Oil – Not positive but sample probably from Ulta. This was another hair oil sample, and it worked fine. Purchase: Maybe.

Other
  • Eyeliner Brush from $2 gel eyeliners – This brush was free with the set of eyeliners I got at Walgreens around Black Friday for $2, and it is AWFUL! It is so stiff that the bristles don't even bend, and they are going in all directions even before using it once. I just tossed it and used my own. Love the eyeliners, though. Purchase: Yes to the eyeliners, No to the brush.

Give Ups
  • Benefit Big Easy in Light/Medium – Sample from Sephora. I really like this product, but I think I may have been matched to a color that's too dark for me. I'll probably go back and try another shade. Purchase: Maybe, if there is an appropriate shade.
  • Elf Waterproof Eyeliner Pen – Full size, not empty. I picked this up to practice with a pen liquid eyeliner on the cheap. It sort of served its purpose, but was definitely only worth the $1-2 I paid for it. It was supposed to be black, but came off more as gray. Also, when I went over my line, the lines didn't blend together so it looked extra messy. Since I don't wear black eyeliner, I definitely won't be getting this again. Repurchase: No.
  • Gold Bond Ultimate Protection Skin Therapy Lotion with SPF 15 – Full size, not empty. I found this during a cleanout and decided to dispose of it due to age and the likelihood that the SPF was no longer active. From what I remember, it was OK, but it was somewhat hard to rub in completely. Repurchase: No.
  • Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Toilette – Sample from either Macy's or Sephora. I couldn't stand this fragrance. It lingered on me, no matter how little I put on. But when I wore it, my coworker liked it, so I am passing this on to her. Purchase: No.
  • McKesson Medi-Pak Performance Instant Hand Sanitizer with Aloe Vera – Travel size. I found this during a cleanout and decided not to use due to discoloration and breakdown of product. I have plenty of other hand sanitizers, and really like Pocket-Back from Bath and Body Works best. Repurchase: No.
  • StriVectin SD Advanced Intensive Concentrate for Wrinkles and Stretch Marks – Not positive but sample probably from Ulta. This smells minty and was kind of nice while I was using it, but it started breaking me out. Purchase: No.
With how long this turned out, I'm going to try to post my empties more often.  Keep on the lookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment