Monday, January 5, 2015

Mini Sephora Haul - December 2014


Another Sephora haul, at least this one was kind of small. :)  This purchase put me into VIB status for 2015! That's actually why I wanted to get it in before the end of the year. Since this was my first time, I made sure to grab my VIB welcome kit, more because I wanted to see what was included than anything else.

Of course, I grabbed some free samples (none have been tried yet):



Guerlain KissKiss Lipstick in #368 Baby Rose, #325 Rouge Kiss, and #344 Sexy Coral



Purchased Products:


Too Faced Melted Liquified Long WearLipstick in Melted Fig – I LOVE this color! It is a medium purply-pink that, while not a true MLBB shade, it is a great everyday shade for me. I also really like the liquid lipstick formula. You only need a very thin application and you get fully opaque coverage. Although it wears very thin, when you press your lips together, you can definitely still feel the product on your lips. I also really like the felt/sponge applicator; it gives a really precise application as long as you don't squeeze too hard.




Benefit Lemon Aid – I've mentioned before that I really like Benefit products. One of the YouTubers I follow loves this product, and I don't have a yellow or green concealer in my collection, so I wanted to grab this. It is a rather thick, dry cream that definitely stays opaque yellow when applied, even after blending. This is marketed as a an eye concealer, but I have worn this on other areas as well. Because of the color and coverage, I found that I need to apply this before my foundation if I'm wearing foundation that day, and if not, I need to make sure to layer another concealer closer to my skin color. In addition to being a decent concealer, this also makes a decent eye shadow base I the way that some people use NYX Eye Pencil in Milk.  I will say, this could be better if it smelled like lemons, but that's such a minor thing...


Sephora Precision Sponge – I love my BeautyBlender, but it seems to be starting to shed a little bit. To try to save it and try to save a little bit of cash (and also qualify for free shipping), I decided to pick up the Sephora version. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know what I think.


Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rollerball Set in Black and White – Sephora was having a points special on fragrance, offering an extra 250 points with any fragrance purchase. I'm a big fan of rollerballs in general, since they allow you to have a good amount of product at a fraction of the cost. I had been finishing off a sample of White and had heard good things about Black, so I thought I'd pick these up. My only complaint about White is that, when sprayed, it didn't seem to last very long. I'm hoping that might change when applied by rollerball. I haven't tried the Black yet, but on initial whiff, I like it even better than white.

Are you a VIB? What did you buy to get to that level?  Do you like Sephora or Ulta better?



No comments:

Post a Comment