Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Favorites - July 2016

I’ve been all about simplicity this month, with very minimal makeup most days.  So this month, instead of specific products, I’m going to discuss general makeup ideas I’ve been using.


Simple Lipstick

I have been all about using lipstick that I didn’t really have to think about this month.  I could just put it on and go, and sometimes I didn’t even need a mirror to apply.  Some of my favorites have been the Burt’s Bees Lipstick in Lily Lake and MAC Viva Glam VI.  These are just so simple and go with every look I put together.


Gold Cream Eyeshadow

I use this as a base just about every day, even if I use powder or other creams on top.  My favorites recently have been LOC One & Done Shadow Stick in On Point and Maybelline Color Tattoo Crayon in Gold Rush.  I even made sure to add the Color Tattoo to my travel makeup bag before my trip.


Purple Eyeliner

The only times I don’t wear eyeliner are when I’m sick or absolutely sure I’m not leaving the house that day.  Black is almost always too harsh for my coloring, although I can rock most other medium and dark colors pretty well.  I use brown quite a bit, but lately purple has been my go-to.  I talked about my favorite Urban Decay one last month, but the one I traveled with was Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Liner in Dusky Plum.

No Base Makeup

My skin has been doing pretty well this month, so I’ve been giving both it and myself a break.  I throw on a little bit of concealer where needed over my sunscreen and go on with the rest of my makeup.  I’ve also been using up my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Concealer and Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.


Brows


You might be thinking, just brows?  Well, here’s the thing: I was never really that into doing my brows.  I know, I know, with today’s focus on brows, how could I not care?  Well, mine have always been decently full and never needed much grooming aside from an occasional waxing.  But recently I’ve noticed they are a bit unruly if I don’t at least take a spoolie to them.  So most mornings I usually toss some Benefit Gimme Brow into them and go on my way.  I’ve also been enjoying the Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil for days when they need a little more.  On the other hand, I have been really disappointed with the NYX Micro Brow Pencil; the pencil is really hard and it feels like I have to go over the same area many times before anything shows up.  I’ve just ordered some new Benefit brow products, so I’m looking forward to trying them out over the next few months.

What were some of your favorite makeup tricks or techniques this month?  How about favorite products that I should try?  Shout out in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment