Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fame (2009)

View Date: 9/26/09

This was a remake of the classic movie, which followed the lives of a group of students from the auditions through graduation. It followed the same basic idea and included the songs and dance scenes as in the original, which I have reviewed previously. It did take a different turn at some points, and changed some storylines significantly.

At over an hour shorter than the original, the movie could not go as in-depth into the lives of the students. Thus, I did not get as invested in their stories, and did not care as much about what happened to them. The actors chosen to play the teachers were phenomenal, and I never knew Meghan Mullaly could sing the way she did in the karaoke scene. The dancing, acting, and singing were of course unbelievable.

But the film did disappoint me. I think, no matter how great it was, I was never going to be overly impressed with it because of how much I love the original. Kherington, who appeared on SYTYCD, was great when she was dancing, but they didn't let her speak much and her part was much too small. I would have enjoyed seeing more of it all, even with the story updated to the current decade. On its own, it was a pretty good movie, but nothing compared to the original.

10 words or less: Not the original.

1 comment:

  1. I liked this movie very much..This movie is very interesting ..i downloaded this movie from the internet...you can also download Fame movie from the internet....

    ReplyDelete