Monday, April 6, 2015

Empties - March 2015



Not as many as other months, but here's a rundown of empties for March 2015.


Makeup
  • BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow in Barely Nude – Sample from Sephora. I really liked this as a base for eye looks, although I rarely wore such a pale color alone. I used this to the point where it dried up, but this was a staple in my makeup bag until then. Purchase: Maybe.
  • Mary Kay Eyeliner in MK Deep Brown – Sample from Mary Kay representative. I got this during my consultation (full post here), and was able to use it for 3 additional days. It was nice and creamy, didn't tug, and stayed put all day. Purchase: Maybe.
  • Mary Kay True Dimensions Sheer Lipstick in Subtly You – Sample from Mary Kay representative. This was a sample of one of the new sheer True Dimensions lipsticks. This color was definitely true to the name, subtle, and really too subtle for me. It did have a little bit of shimmer, but overall it didn't look like I was wearing anything. Also, this line has a very flowery perfume scent to it which turned me off. Purchase: No.

Face Care
  • Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes – Full Size. This month's wipes were OK. There are others I like better, like the original Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes, but I would use these again if I had to. These had a much stronger fragrance than several other wipes I've used so far. Re-purchase: Maybe.

Skincare
  • Jergens Original Scent Dry Skin Moisturizer – Rippy packet from magazine. I decided to use this one night to try out something new. The consistency was nice, but it smelled strongly of baby powder which I'm not a huge fan of. Purchase: No.
  • Vaseline Total Moisturizer Conditioning Body Lotion – Hotel bottle. Not a huge fan of this. While the product absorbed in quickly, it also didn't feel like I put anything on very shortly after. Purchase: No.

Fragrance
  • Marc Jacobs Daisy – Sample from either Sephora or Macy's. I have liked most if not all of the Marc Jacobs fragrances I've tried so far, and this is no exception. Like the others, this does not last all day, so I found myself applying something else sometimes in the afternoons. Purchase: Yes.
  • Harvey Prince Petaly Noir – Sample from Birchbox. This was included in my monthly favorites for March here. Purchase: Yes.

Hair Care
  • Eva NYC Up All Night Volumizing Spray – Sample from Ipsy. This was also in my favorites for March (here). Purchase: Yes.
  • Pantene Pro-V Shampoo – Hotel bottle. I've used this before, and liked it in the past, but it does occasionally make my hair fall out. The hubby can't use it for the same reason. I'll use any samples I receive, but I won't be picking up a larger bottle any time soon. Purchase: No.
  • Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Color Finity Protecting Shampoo – Full Size. This is the shampoo that goes with the conditioner included in last month's empties. It worked fine, but right now I'm working through some other products. Re-purchase: Maybe.

Other
  • BBW PocketBac in Night Fright Electric Raspberry – Travel Size. You know, if you've read any of my previous empties posts, that I go through a lot of these. I really liked this fragrance, nice and fun, very fruity, and the scent lingered but not overwhelmingly so. This was out for Halloween, but I will pick it up if I see it again. Repurchase: Yes.

Giveups
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara – Full Size. This mascara flaked all over the place on me from the beginning. I was also really surprised that it had a strong perfume fragrance to it; this was the first mascara I experience that with. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong since others seemed to really like this, but I finally gave up. I had originally gotten this in a sample box, so I'm glad I didn't have to spend money on it individually. Purchase/Re-purchase: No.
  • Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer in Fair – Deluxe Sample from Sephora. This is actually the first time a “Fair” product was too light for me. But it wasn't just for that reason that I decided to stop using this. No matter how I chose to apply this, using either fingers, brush, or sponge, I could not get it to blend out well. It seemed to work a little better if I used it over primer, because if I didn't it clung to any slightly dry spot I had and magnified every pore on my face. Rather than try to use it up and just get more and more frustrated, I threw in the towel. Purchase: No.

Hopefully I'll have more next month; I already have my first.  What was your favorite thing you finished this month?  Anything I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment