Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Target Beauty Box - Spring 2015


Target recently released another beauty box (currently out of stock), this one for $5 with free shipping.  While they don’t release on a regular schedule, I’ve made the executive decision to call it the spring box since all the other spring collections are out now.  I haven't seen many people talk about this one yet, so I'm glad I'm able to share it with you.


Upon opening the box (which is a nice sturdy black one this time instead of the white one I’ve seen in the past), you are greeted with a card calling you beautiful.  Nice touch Target!  The back of this card has the explanations of the products and a $3 off a $15 beauty purchase coupon.  Also included is a coupon for 20% off and a complementary gift at DermStore.com.


I was SO EXCITED when I opened up the tissue paper and saw what was inside!  I already knew I liked one of the items, and I had wanted to try 2 others.



Maybelline Color Elixir by Color Sensational Lip Color (Full Size) - I already have another shade of Color Elixir that I purchased on my own, and I find that it’s one of the best lip gloss/lipstick/lip stain combos on the market today.  I received Rose Redefined this time, which I probably wouldn’t have picked out on my own since it is a lighter pink than I would typically choose.  It swatches rather sheer, but I haven’t had a chance to actually wear it yet.  Do you prefer to wear glosses, or are you a lipstick fan?  Or something else?


L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set - I am so happy to see this!  I have been wanting to try this, but have been put off by the price.  It gets rave reviews all over the interwebs, and most say it is just as good or better than high-end setting sprays.  This is a 3.4 oz bottle, so I’d call it a travel size.  How do you set your makeup?  Have you jumped on the setting spray bandwagon?


Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream - I am a Neutrogena skincare fan in general, so was excited to see this sample as well.  I just ran out of my nighttime face cream and was looking forward to starting this one.  As it says in the name, it has a gel-like cream texture, is wonderfully moisturizing, and a you only need a little to cover your face.  This truly is a sample size at 0.25 oz.


TRESemme TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray - If you’ve read some of my previous box posts, you know that I don’t typically use hairspray.  This one seems to smell nice, and at 1.5 oz is a good size for travel.


SheaMoisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Shampoo - This is a lovely smelling shampoo and a really good size sample/travel size at 3.2 oz.  I look forward to using it, though I do wish it had come with a matching conditioner.

I am so glad I picked up this box!  The Color Elixir alone is worth more than the cost of this box.  Add in the cost of the L’Oreal setting spray (based on the full size price of $14), and this was totally worth it.

Were you able to get your hands on Target's spring box?  What was your favorite product?

No comments:

Post a Comment