Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Favorites and Disappointments - March 2015

This month, I've been trying out a lot of new products.  The thing is, I picked up most of them toward the end of the month, so I'm not ready to make a judgement call on most of them yet.  Here are some of the things that really stood out to me this month.  Next month should be even more fun!

Favorites



Lips: Maybelline ColorSensational Moisture Matte in Touch of Spice
I had been eyeing this since people first started talking about this line of lipsticks.  This is probably the most amazing matte lipstick I've ever worn.  It definitely doesn't feel like a matte lipstick; not drying at all and stays creamy until it wears off or you take it off.  This color is a great neutral that really goes with anything, and isn't too much of anything (not too orange, not too pink, not too brown, etc.).  My big complaint about this, and the only reason I wouldn't reach for it every day, is that, to me, it smells like Play-Doh.  While not a bad smell per se, it's not usually something I associate with lipstick, and it's why I don't have more from Maybelline.


Eyes: Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
I've written a whole blog post about this mascara already.  Check it out here.  Hint: I'm still using it!



Face: Clinique All About Eyes Eye Cream
I had gotten this as a deluxe sample around the holidays with a Sephora order, and I just now finished up my other eye creams enough so I can use it.  Oh, how I wish I had known about this sooner!  This is a wonderously thick, rich cream that keeps my under-eye area soft all day long.  It has a light citrus scent which always seems to take me by surprise even though I now know it's there.  I look forward to using this every morning, and have used it occasionally at night in addition to the eye gel I typically use because I like it so much.  I may seriously consider getting the full size.


Fragrance: Harvey Prince Petaly Noir
I came back to this perfume this month in an effort to use up my sample vial, and was reminded of just how good it is. It is definitely a perfume better suited for winter, as it is very strong and robust. I truly only need 2 spritzes to last throughout the day. Which also explains why it has taken me so long to get through a small sample vial! According to Fragrantica.com, top notes are lily-of-the-valley and jasmine; middle notes are orchid and sandalwood; base notes are patchouli, amber, musk and vanilla.

Skincare: The Dermatologist
Another that I've written up as a blog post.  In just the short time since my most recent visit, my skin has completely cleared up, including after switching to the second cream.  Check out the full post here.


Hair: Eva NYC Up All Night Volumizing Spray
I got this volumizing spray in my Ipsy bag last month (February).  My first experience with it was not so great, considering it arrived empty, but Ipsy quickly replaced it without a problem.  This spray smells amazing!  It totally reminds me of the salon every time I use it.  For me, it worked a lot like a sea salt spray does for my hair, adding a lot of curl and hold when scrunched without being crunchy.


Book: NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
I could not stop listening to this as an audiobook this month.  I've always been a sucker for a vampire book, so when I saw the title way back when, I didn't care what it was about, I knew I was going to read it eventually.  It sucked me in, even sucked the kiddo in, and was a really good way to dabble back into the horror genre.


Movie: St. Trinian’s
I know many people might be wondering, where's Insurgent?, or something like that.  Here's the thing... I've seen several good movies this month, but this is the only one I've sought out several times.  I had seen part of this before, and had never been able to catch the rest of it until this month.  This movie from 2007 has a slew of fantastic British actors, a somewhat silly but absorbing storyline, and a soundtrack that draws you in.  Highly recommended!

Others: Duochrome eyeshadows; coral and other bright lipsticks; Colourpop eyeshadows; cream products; Mary Kay CC Cream

Disappointments... 

Not too many this month, but: eyeshadows not being ture-to-pan; feeling rushed


No comments:

Post a Comment