Monday, March 16, 2015

Review: Benefit Roller Lash Mascara


I soooooooo didn't want to love this mascara. I didn't even want to like this mascara. Why would I want to like a mascara that retails for $24? But dang it, this stuff is GOOD!


There's been all kinds of hype about Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara lately. It seems like every blogger and YouTuber received promo samples, and everybody was giving away freebies with purchase. (That's how I got mine – a free sample with a Sephora purchase.) And in all of the reviews, I don't think I saw any that were negative. I knew I had to try it out sometime.

I had been getting more and more frustrated with my mascara, so I caved and gave it a go. OMG – Love at first swipe! The brush is curved with short bristles along the inner rim and longer ones along the outside. A single coat on my lower lashes and two on the top (my standard) was all it took to make my eyes POP.

Now, one of my biggest frustrations lately with mascara has been it flaking just a few hours after application. So I was amazed when I looked a few hours later and didn't have to wipe anything away from under my eyes. This stuff didn't budge all day – not a single flake noticed!

According to the press, this mascara is supposed to be particularly useful for people whose lashes won't hold a curl well. I can't personally comment on that since I don't curl my lashes, and don't see any need to because my lashes have some natural curl to them. What I can say is that this didn't weigh them down or make them ultra-goopy like some others have.

Will I buy the full size? I probably will eventually, even though I have so many mascaras at home waiting to be tried. But like Cassie at Thrift Thick said, I will definitely pick up any free samples I can get my hands on.

Have you tried Roller Lash yet? What is your favorite mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment