Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Ipsy - March 2015



Oh, what a Floral Fantasy this month's Ipsy is, exactly as the topic indicates. The bag has a blue watercolor floral pattern on one side, while the other side is a solid matching blue. While the bag itself isn't my favorite, it just really feels like the perfect size and shape for a makeup bag for some reason. It seems perfect for throwing in my bag, and big enough to keep the essentials.

I really like this bag, and think I'll get a lot of use out of it:


Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter – This is the only product in the bag that I had used before. I had previously received it in a Birchbox, and really like it as an inner rim eyeliner to help brighten up an eye look. It is a nice, soft pencil that has pretty decent staying power. My only complaint is that it has to be sharpened. I have used this on other areas, like dark circles, blemishes, and as a straight facial highlighter, and it works fine as that as well.



NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops – I am a big fan of NYX products, particularly their lip products, yet this is the first Butter Lipstick I've tried. This has a very luxurious texture, smooth and creamy and a pleasure to wear. Pops is a pinky brown nude cream lipstick that is very wearable everyday. It is slightly darker than my natural lip color, so it doesn't wash me out at all. It doesn't seem to cling to any dry spots and stays inside the lip line without liner. This is so comfortable, I may need to try some other colors. Any suggestions?

Acure Day Cream – This lotion is from a company that produces natural products, one of which is a face scrub I already know I really like. So I was really excited to see this! It has a light formula which goes nicely with its light citrus scent. While it is light and absorbs quickly, you can still feel you have applied cream. It says to use it on the face, neck, and chest, but I think it would also be nice as a hand cream. Once thing that would make it better, since it is a day cream, would be some SPF.




Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo Eyeshadow in Apricot Glow – I went on to the Pixi website to see if this was full or sample sized, and it appears that this whole product, as indicated on the Ipsy site, is custom made for Ipsy! I thought maybe it was just the color combination, size, or something along those lines, but it looks like the duo itself is custom. The colors are very nice, but they seemed a little difficult to swatch. I'll know more once I get a chance to actually use it.

Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels – These are gels you stick on your undereye area that are supposed to soothe and de-puff the area, thus reducing any dark bags you might have. I have tried a similar product before, but not this particular brand. I did receive 2 pairs of these in my bag this month. It says you re supposed to use these once a week and dispose after use, so I received 2 weeks worth. I'll give it a shot, but I'm not going to get rid of my eye cream, either.

Like I said above, I really like this month's bag. It was makeup heavy, which I personally prefer, and the colors are shades I'll use. Also, the makeup alone was worth more than $10, making the bag worth the cost.


How was your bag this month?

If you don't already get Ipsy, you can sign up here (my referral link).

No comments:

Post a Comment