Friday, March 6, 2015

Empties - February 2015


Another month, another set of empties...


Makeup
  • Lord & Berry Mini Liner in Sparkle Black – Sample from Birchbox. This was the first black eyeliner that I was able to really pull off well on a consistent basis. My biggest complaint with this was the fact that it had to be sharpened, which caused me to lose more than I would have liked. Purchase: No.

Face Care
  • Balance Me Extra Care Wonder Eye Cream – Sample from Birchbox. This eye cream was fine. This was primarily my evening eye cream, and it felt very moisturizing. However, I wouldn't consider it a “wonder” cream, and I think others are better. Purchase: No.
  • Benta Berry G-1 Boys & Girls Regulating Moisturizing Matifying Face Cream – Sample likely from Birchbox. I was not a fan of this. It pilled on me, and I really had to be careful how much I applied. Purchase: No.
  • Comfort Care Essentials Make-Up Remover – Hotel sample. This sample was OK considering it was free, but I wouldn't go out looking for more. I have used many that are better. Purchase: No.
  • Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser – Sample from Birchbox. I wound up not using the cloth that came in this set, but the cleanser itself was rather nice. It was a rather thick cleanser with eucalyptus as its primary scent. I probably won't buy this, but mostly because of new instructions from my dermatologist. Purchase: Probably not.

Skincare
  • Lush So White Shower Gel – Travel size from gift set. This limited edition shower gel smells like apples and is shimmery, although the shimmer does not transfer after the shower. This is the first Lush product that I tried and so far I am enjoying the brand. Purchase: Maybe.

Hair Care
  • Bath & Body Works Conditioner in White Citrus – Hotel sample. With all of our traveling and all of the samples I now receive, I have stopped grabbing every free hotel sample. I've mostly limited myself using the hotel products while there, then only keeping name-brand items or ones I really like. So I was pleasantly surprised to walk into a hotel and find an entire set of Bath and Body Works items! The conditioner was decent, and I enjoyed the clean, refreshing scent. I probably won't go searching for it on my own, but would use it if I ran across it again. Purchase: No.
  • L'Oreal Professionnel Vitamino Color Incell Hydro-Resist Color Protecting Gel-Masque – Sample from unknown source. I randomly found this sample sitting around the house and still don't know where it came from. I am not a huge fan of hair masks considering I use my conditioner like one every day. This didn't seem to do a huge amount for my hair. I wound up using it like conditioner just so I could finish it up. Purchase: No.
  • Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Color Finity Protecting Conditioner – Full size. This was decent, and in conjunction with shampoo, worked really well for reverse shampooing. Repurchase: Maybe.

Toiletries
  • Degree UltraClear Invisible Solid Antiperspirant and Deodorant in Pure Clean – Full size. This is my HG deodorant. Even if I try something else, I always go back to this. Repurchase: Yes (already have).
  • Sensodyne Toothpaste in Full Protection + Whitening – Full size. Another HG-type item for me. I go back and forth between Sensodyne and Pronamel toothpaste, I just tend to switch up the specifics. Repurchase: Yes.
  • Whisper Mint Mouthwash in Refreshing Mint – Hotel Sample. This worked fine for what it was, but I'm not going to go seeking it out. Purchase: No.

Other
  • Bath & Body Works PocketBac in Vampire Blood Wicked Plum – Travel size. I always smell the BBW PocketBacs before I buy them, so I knew I liked the scent of this. Also, if you've read my other empties posts, you know I'm a fan of PocketBac in general. This one has a nice, sweet, fruity smell that isn't instantly identifiable. Repurchase: Yes (already have).
  • Bath & Body Works PocketBac in Wildberry Dahlia – Travel size. Combine a mostly berry scent with a slight flowery aroma, and this is what you get. I LOVE this one! Repurchase: Yes.

Giveups
  • Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascara in Jet Black – Full Size. I got this mascara free in a sample bag from Ulta, and cannot make it work for me. Even after multiple layers, it looks like I'm not wearing anything, and also feels that way. I then tried to use it as a layering mascara, almost like using it as a mascara primer. Needless to say, that didn't work either. I have another unopened tube of this at home that I need to decide what to do with. Purchase: No.
  • Ulta Eyeshadow Brush – Travel size. I also received this in an Ulta sample bag. It's a decent brush, but the ferrule has come loose. At this point, I'm just not willing to fight with or try to repair cheap brushes, especially when I got them free. I do have others from this same line, and they seem to be holding up pretty well. Purchase: Maybe.
  • (Unknown) Clear Blue Handle Blush Brush – Full size. I think I got this as part of a set from 5 Below before I really knew anything about brushes. Again, this seemed to work well until the ferrule popped off. I will say, the eyeshadow brushes from this set are some of my favorites. Repurchase: Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment