Monday, March 30, 2015

Mary Kay Consultation and Haul – March 2015



On Sunday, March 22, I got together with my Mary Kay sales rep, Heather Serreo, to have a consultation and “play”. Heather is very knowledgeable on he products and had some great advice. We were able to talk straight about the good and bad of the Mary Kay line, and shared tips and tricks with each other.

Heather, if you're reading this, thanks so much for the great session. I look forward to doing it again!

Now, of course I could leave there without ordering! I went there knowing I was going to order at least one item and that I wanted to check out some others specifically, then others just grabbed me while I was there.




  • CC Cream in Very Light – This was one of the items that I was really interested in trying before I went to my consultation. I have been on the lookout for a BB or CC cream that I really liked since I ran out of my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, but nothing passed the test. This one seems to be a really good color match, and I really like the scent. It feels very light, yet the coverage seems decent and it keeps my skin soft. I love the packaging; it's small enough to take with me, in a squeezy tube, and also has a pump so I know exactly how much I'm dispensing.


  • Timewise Day Solution – I knew I was going to buy this before I walked in. My dermatologist told me I need to wear sunscreen every day. I knew I really liked the feel of this from when I sampled the Timewise set several years ago. This combined with the CC cream (or a BB cream) seems to be working so far.





  • Cream Blush in Sheer Bliss – I love cream blush and have been trying many from across different brands. As soon as I found out about this one, I asked if Heather had one to sample, and she kindly pulled one out. This is a lot creamier than many other blushes, and does have some shimmer, although that shimmer isn't overwhelming on the skin. So far I like it, but I do need to play with it more to get a better feel for how it wears.

  • Satin Hands Fragrance-Free Hand Cream – Heather has been running giveaways throughout March on her Facebook page, and this was the sample-size provided for one. Both the hubby and I love this one! It's very moisturizing yet it absorbs quickly. I've personally only tried the fragrance-free, but I know many people love the peach scented version.





  • Whipped Eye Color in Tiki Hut – This limited edition whipped cream eyeshadow feels like a mousse, very different than any other cream shadow I've used. Tiki Hut is a metallic brown, and can be applied sheer or layered for a more opaque color. I fell in love with this after trying it and decided I couldn't leave without it.





  • Mary Kay @ Play Eye Crayon in Purple Smoke – Heather introduced me to the Mary Kay @ Play line at this consultation, a line of reasonably priced products marketed to the younger crowd. This crayon caught my eye by being a metallic purple that, when swatched, definitely looked more gray. This seems to be a creamier eye crayon than many I've tried, and can be applied fairly sheer.

I had so much fun and discovered several new products that will be entering my daily routine. I love that I was able to walk out that day with several products in hand, and only had to wait for the two eye shadows to be delivered!  I've already mentioned some ideas for our next session, and I look forward to seeing what new products Mary Kay has on the horizon.

If you don't have a Mary Kay rep, check out Heather's site here.

What are your favorite Mary Kay products?  Are there any standouts that you think I need to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment