Monday, March 2, 2015

Favorites and Disappointments - February 2015

February was yet another crazy month (aren't they all?) filled with hospital visits and swim meets.  Here's a quick rundown of some of my favorite things from the past month.


This has been sooooo helpful this month! After spending a ton of time behind a hospital mask in January, then again at the end of February, my lips completely dried out. I put this on after my shower every morning and my lips feel great for hours. And the smell of lemon poppyseed muffins is a great way to start the day.



Eyes: L'Oreal 24hr InfallibleEye Shadow in Endless Pearl
A few weeks ago, I was on the hunt for a cream, matte, pale pink eyeshadow that is about the same color as my eyelids. I wanted a drugstore option since I didn't know how I'd like the color on me. Unfortunately, I struck out at several drug stores. Then I remembered that many bloggers described the L'Oreal Infallible pressed pigment eye shadows as very creamy and thought they might work if I could find the right color. Lo and Behold, Endless Pearl is the perfect shade of matte light pink to work as a base for almost any eye look on me.

Ulta describes Bali as a medium rose pink. This is the first Cargo product I have tried, and so far I am liking it. I don’t usually use a lot of powdered blushes, but this one is very forgiving. I had received this from Ulta in a sample pack, so the small size makes this is an easy one to grab and go. The silver tin packaging is very cute; only a mirror would make it better.
(picture from Amazon)



This is the second month in a row that I just haven't been able to stop wearing this fragrance. It's just such a great winter scent, very warm and sexy. See what I said about it last month here.

At the beginning of the month, I saw a dermatologist about my red patches that I have mentioned before. While there, I was diagnosed with very dry, sensitive skin, and was told to use cream (not lotion) from only a few specific brands. Aveeno was one of those brands, and this was one of their creams that came in a reasonable size. This is an incredibly moisturizing product, which I can still feel long after I applied it even though it was completely absorbed. Depending on where I applied it, it can almost feel sticky, but not in an ointment way. It definitely seems to have helped, and I recommend it for extremely dry skin. For anything less than that, it may be too much.


Hair: Best Kept Secret Hair Salon in Ambler, PA
This month, for the first time in a very long time, I was able to get my hair cut short. A post will be coming with more details, but I want to give a shout-out now to Nicole at Best Kept Secret Hair Salon in Ambler, PA. She did an awesome job which still garner complements every day. Thanks Nicole!
(picture from Best Kept Secret Hair Salon website)


The hubby picked up this this book up for me based on my (and my mom's and kiddo's) love of the movie. With the sequel coming out in May, I wanted to get this in. This is actually very different than the movie. You can see certain elements of the movie, but really the movie just uses the general concepts from this non-fiction book as a starting point. An interesting read, but different than expected.
(picture from Amazon)

I know I'm behind on this, but I finally finished Season 2 of OINTB. Now I'm all caught up whenever Season 3 is released, supposedly in June. I loved the background into the characters, and I was cheering during the last scene of the season.
(picture from Amazon)

On to the disappointments... Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer in Fair (very difficult to work with, definitely needs a primer, and actually too light for me); Respiratory Failure (cancer sucks); Not making the cut; Ulta Double Ended Eyeliner (smeared all over the place).


No comments:

Post a Comment