Friday, February 27, 2015

ELF Haul January 2015

(Note: I realize that it is already the end of February, but like I said earlier, I am WAY behind on posts right now.  I wanted to make sure to get this out there because I found some really interesting stuff this time.  Enjoy!)

I only recently determined my proper coloring for foundation, and it's somewhat unusual (fair to light with yellow undertones and pink features). Because of this, I have several foundations and BB creams sitting around that are either too dark or too pink for me. After some research on YouTube, I found a suggestion for a yellow ELF Mineral Booster powder can help correct a foundation that is too pink. I looked for it in several stores but was unable to find it, so I decided to place an order on the ELF website.

In order to reach the order minimum for free shipping, I picked up some brushes I needed to help round out my collection.




Kabuki Face Brush
Powder Brush
I never really used a lot of powdered face products, particularly since I have very dry skin. So in order to properly use the Mineral Booster I picked up in this haul, as well as some other powders recently purchased, I needed some true powder brushes large enough to use on the whole face.


Makeup Remover Pen
This came recommended by a YouTuber as a quick and easy way to make small fixes to your makeup. I used it for the first time to fix my eye makeup, and it seemed to work well, although the pen does remain stained. Also, the second time I opened it to use it, the inner core part of the pen (the part that actually writes) went flying. Luckily I was able to recover it and it still works fine.
 



Eye Transformer
This was also a YouTube suggestion, and it really is an interesting product. These are pale, pastel eyeshadow powders that can be worn on their own, but truly show their magic when they are layered over darker colors. Then they transform the dark shadow into entirely new colors. You can also mix them to create unique eye looks. I haven't had much of a chance to play with this yet, but I have tried it over a black cream shadow base, and the results were amazing!

Mineral Booster in Corrective Yellow
This was my whole reason for the order. I haven't had the time to play with this loose yellow powder yet, but I hope to soon sit down and work with a foundation that has been traditionally too pink to see if this helps.


ELF has some really great things, some of which I can only find on the website. I really kind of wish the minimum order for free shipping was smaller, since ELF products are VERY reasonable priced.

What are your favorite ELF products?  What do you think I should try out next?

No comments:

Post a Comment