Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Birchbox January 2015



The theme of this month's Birchbox is Let's Do This! 


Honestly, the box seems rather empty this month. All of the samples seem really small, and there just doesn't seem to be any substantial heft to the box.

On to the samples:

  • Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper Gel – This may be a great product, but it will probably be a while before I use it because of the packaging. It came in a cardboard rippy packet, which means there is a decent amount of product, but it is also not resealable. I will probably transfer this to another container prior to use, and I just don't have the time for that right now.



  • Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain in Sugar – The beauty editors at Birchbox have been raving about this product for what seems like forever, so I was excited to finally get a sample. The color I got is a pinky nude, but comes across lighter on the lips than in the tube. The texture seems to be smooth yet thin. I don’t know if this will ultimately be one of my go-to colors, but I look forward to trying this out more to get a better feel for it.


  • Essential Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion – I really liked the shower gel from this brand, so I was excited to see this sample. It smells the same, and the feel of the lotion is very nice. The bottle doesn't really squeeze so getting it out is sort of difficult, but I'll manage.

  • Key West Aloe Gentle Aloe Facial Cleanser – I love the citrusy smell of this cleanser. The sample is a decent size, so I should be able to get a good feel for the product. I haven't tried it yet, but the kiddo has without complaints.

Overall, the samples are OK. I like the Cynthia Rowley Lip Stain, but it is a really tiny sample. I do like the Rosemary Body Lotion, and I think I may like the facial cleanser. But the concealer is the wrong color for me, and the gel packaging is difficult to handle.

So, not my favorite Birchbox. Hopefully February's will be better.


What did you get this month? I haven't been choosing from the sample choices lately, or using Birchbox plus.  Do you customize your boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment