Sunday, February 1, 2015

Ipsy January 2015



The theme of this month's Ipsy bag is Fresh Start


I think the bag this month looks very sleek, textured vinyl with one side white and one side royal blue.

I really like the products this month. I think there is a good variety, and I think I may actually use all of them. All of the products this month are from brands I had not heard of before, which I like because it allows me to discover new potential favorites that I may never have had a chance otherwise.

  • Teadora Nourishing Body Cream in Rainforest at Dusk – In the bottle, this body cream has a light, fresh scent. However, once applied, this smells very strong and reminds me of church incense. Also, I would not call this a cream, since it is rather thin like a lotion. This would probably be considered a decent unisex scent, even though it is listed as having several flower aromas included. I haven't decided if I like this, but I know I will have to be very careful using this.


  • Hikari Mechanical Eye Liner in Storm – As the name implies, this is a mechanical eye liner pencil in a slate gray color with a slight silver shimmer. Based on the color name, I wasn't expecting the shimmer, nor was I expecting it to be quite as light as it turned out but I'll be able to use it.

  • Probelle Nail Lacquer in Into the Blue – This is a very pretty light blue color with a hint of gray. I often reach for similar blues throughout the summer when I wear polish, though not so much at this time of year.



  • Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow in Ethereal – This vegan and cruelty free shadow appears to be the perfect multi-tasker! It is a beautiful light, almost off-white or light tan color that I could easily use on the lid as a base for an eye look or even on its own with a light application. It can be used as a shimmery inner corner and brow highlight. I can see it being used lightly dusted over a finished eye look to give it a hint of added shimmer. When I swatched it, a single swipe was relatively sheer, so this would be forgiving if using as a face highlighter even though it is shimmery. It has such a smooth texture, I almost wanted to play with it. :-)

  • Astrida Naturals Lip Balm in Orange Mint – This natural lip balm smells yummy, and doesn't seem to have the odd, chunky texture of the last natural lip balm I used.


I am really pleased with my box this month. What about you? What did you get this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment