Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ipsy February 2015



The theme of this month's Ipsy bag is Love, very appropriate (but stereotypical) for February. The bag has a 2 color diamond pattern on a white background on one side, while the other side is a solid hot pink. The bag is more material-like and less plastic-y this month, which I think is a nice change.

I'm not overwhelmed by the products this month. Here's why:

  • Eva NYC Up All Night Volumizing Spray – This is one product that, considering it is a hair product, I could probably get a lot of use out of. Unfortunately, when I received it, my bottle was empty. I will say that the Ipsy customer service was great when I told them about this. About 2 hours after e-mailing them about my issue, they replied telling me that they would send out a replacement. From what I can tell so far, this smells great. I look forward to trying it out once I receive my replacement.      Update: I received the (full) replacement on Monday 2/23/15, exactly 1 week after contacting Ipsy about the empty item.


  • City Color Creamy Lip Stain in Flirtini – I'm always a fan of new lip products, so this was nice to see. This has a thin texture like several other creamy matte lip stains I own, and the swatch is opaque on first swipe. This seems to be a dusty rose when applied, and the color of the tube is not representative of the product after application. It does not appear to be transfer-proof, but I need to test that out more. This seems to dry to a satin to semi-matte finish. I'm hoping this will be something I will wear, but I need to try it out more first.

  • Mitchell and Peach Flora No.1 Fine Radiance Face Oil – This face oil is meant to be used as a moisturizing agent either on its own or under moisturizer. It has a slightly fruity scent that I can't place (almost reminds me of suntan lotion), and the ingredient list is full of various good-for-you oils. The one time I have tried it so far, it seems to rub in very well, leaving no oily residue behind.




  • Model Co Blush Cheek Powder in Cosmopolitan – This is a matte pink powder blush that seems to be a true pink. This powder has a smooth texture that seems to allow for easy application. I think I may have tried a lipstick from this brand before with OK results, so I'll add this into the blush rotation. I do like the compact size of the packaging, which will make for easy traveling, although it would have been nice if it had a mirror.



  • Emite Makeup Professional Eye Lash Curler – It may come as a surprise, but I have never actually curled my lashes before. I don't know if this will cause me to start, but I'm going to hang on to it for now.  I did get an e-mail stating that there were issues with this item in several bags with its alignment, so they reached out to everyone that received it.  I haven't noticed anything so far...

What did you think about your box this month? Did you have the same problems with the Volumizing Spray? Have you ever had a problem with a sample from Ipsy? How was your experience?

If you don't already receive Ipsy, you can use my referral link here.


No comments:

Post a Comment