Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Review: Cailyn Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid


I had never heard Cailyn Just Mineral Eye Polish, either the brand or the product, prior to receiving it in Ipsy. It is a powder mineral eyeshadow that is self-contained in what looks kind of like a plastic nail polish bottle. When you unscrew it, it has its own sponge applicator where the brush would be in nail polish. (I was really surprised the first time I tried this to find out that the sponge applicator is black.)

I found that this applies really well for a loose powder eyeshadow, and I think the packaging is a major help with that. If you start the application process by patting it onto the lids, I find I can follow by sweeping, all with minimal fallout. To get the coverage I prefer for an all-over-the-lid look, I usually need two dips of the applicator per eye. I have found that, when I re-dip the applicator into the container, I have the best results when I fully screw it back in and gently shake it.

This is a shimmery, light pinky violet color that I find easy to wear as a single color with some eyeliner and mascara. I haven't had the chance yet to try it in too many combinations, but the little I did, it seemed to blend fairly well. I think this could also make an interesting accent shade to add some shine to a look.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this product. I do need to work with it more, but I find it easier to work with than most loose eyeshadows. The applicator is a little awkward, though, since I find I have to dip multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment