Monday, February 16, 2015

Review: Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick in Melted Fig


By now, you've probably seen or heard about about the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick. The kiddo and I first ran across them in Ulta, where she swatched every color on my hand. We then checked them out more closely at Sephora.



Having come from manufacturing and the chemical industry, the hubby and I are both packaging junkies. What can I say, I am such a sucker for interesting packaging. :) Needless to say, that's what first drew me in to these. I love the idea of a sponge tip on a squeeze tube. They looked like they would deliver the exact amount of product you wanted in a very precise manner. And based on the testers in the stores, the applicators seemed to hold up well, withstand a good deal of abuse, and could maintain their precision over the long haul.

The product itself also fascinated me. It is very thin and feels almost weightless on the lips, but I can tell it is there if I press my lips together. It also lasts for a decent amount of time, but I have found that it is NOT transfer-proof. It dries down to an almost-matte finish, so it is best to make sure your lips are exfoliated before you wear this. Also, because of the finish, I find my lips feeling a little dry after a few hours, but not excessively so.

After checking out swatches both in store and online, I picked up Melted Fig. Right now, due to cost, that's the only one I have, but I do have several others on my wish list. This is a gorgeous color on me and really seems to go with just about anything I'm wearing. This doesn't have a permanent home in my makeup bag yet, but it may soon, and mostly so I make sure to wear other colors too.


So overall, I really like this lipstick. I think it is one of the better liquid lipsticks I own, but I have been restricted by the price. I love the color I picked up, and am looking forward to splurging on more.

No comments:

Post a Comment