Friday, April 3, 2015

Sephora Makeover and Haul - March 2015



As a treat to myself for my birthday, I used my free 45 minute custom makeover I received for becoming a VIB and scheduled it in the King of Prussia, PA store. My Personal Beauty Advisor and I had a great consultation; I felt that she really listened to me and appreciated my input. Her selections included a nice mix of higher-end brands and Sephora products, with some things I had been wanting to try and others I had never heard of before.

After cleaning my face with the Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water, she used a combination of Fresh Rose Water products. She followed that up with Sephora CC Cream, then corrected my undereye circles with a combination of the Tarte CC Undereye Corrector and Urban Decay Naked Concealer. For my eyes, she chose the Kat Von D Interstellar Palette, Bobbi Brown Violet Ink LongWear Gel Eyeliner, and Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. She used Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Caramel. Blush was Stila Convertible Color in Peony, while the lipstick was Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipstick in Decollete.

Like I said above, this was a great makeover and a lot of fun. In the process, I found some great new products that have already become part of my regular rotation, and others I picked up that I can't wait to start using. What I've picked up so far includes:


Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water – I've actually had this micellar water for a while now. I use it as part of my makeup removal routine at night especially to help remove the last traces of eye makeup. I may also use it in the morning almost like a toner after my shower or to remove any traces of makeup that appear afterwards, again usually eye makeup.




Urban Decay Naked Concealer in Light Neutral – This looked great, and was a nice, lightweight concealer. I haven't had the chance to use it yet, and actually hesitated buying it because of how many concealers I have right now, but it was so good I couldn't pass it up.

 

Stila Convertible Color in Peony – This was something we all agreed on, the Beauty Advisor, the kiddo, and I. This felt great on, and provided the most natural-looking flush. I'm already a lover of cream blush, so this has entered my regular rotation.

 

Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick in Decollete – This is a bright cool-toned pink with a hint of coral, and I was really surprised at how good it looked on. I wouldn't have normally picked this for myself, but this became a must-have.

In addition to these, I've added the Tarte CC Undereye Corrector to my wish list. It was really nice, but I just couldn't justify it yet.

Aside from those from the makeover, I also picked up:
 


Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium - I've been looking at this for quite a while now, but have talked myself out of it for years due to the cost and the fact that I don't usually do much with my brows.  I decided to bite the bullet after trying it the last time I had my brows waxed and liking the results.  I do like the brush much better on this original than on the drug store one that I have that was supposed to be a dupe.




Sephora Look Color in the Eye Brush Set - I had been thinking about getting a new travel brush set since I do most of my makeup away from home.  This seemed to be a decent deal, so I thought I'd try it.  I wish the brushes were a little softer, but they're not bad.
 






Beauty Insider Birthday Gift - This year's Beauty Insider birthday gift is a set of two NARS lip crayons.  These are my first NARS products, so I was really excited!  So far I've tried the pink lip cream, and it's very much lip colored (it barely looks like I'm wearing anything).  It does feel really nice, and I may try it over a lip liner to see if that changes things a bit.  I do wish these were twist-up, but I understand that they are only samples.


Have you ever gotten a custom makeover at Sephora? Did you wind up purchasing any of the products they used?

No comments:

Post a Comment