Friday, May 1, 2015

Birchbox - April 2015




In April, Birchbox teamed up with Rifle Paper Co. to make beautiful flower boxes. They filled it with some very nice products, though one really threw me for a loop.


·        Temple Spa Peace Be Still Calming Face & Body Balm – This is the item I was really surprised to see this month.  I’ve used this before, but it was a hotel sample.  I never expected it to be up to Birchbox’s standards.  That being said, it’s an OK moisturizer in a pleasing scent.


·        Beauty Protector Protect & Oil – I do love hair oil, although now that my hair is shorter, I have been using less of it.  This will be added into collection to be used.


·        Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream in Blueberry – This may be hard to believe, but I generally don’t use shaving cream, even though I shave at least something every day.  But this shaving cream smells so yummy I might make an exception!


·        Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream – At this point, I think eye creams are my favorite skin care item.  I love the one I’m using now (Clinique All About Eyes) and just bought the full size, but I’m always up for trying new ones.  This will probably be the next one I use.  What’s your HG eye cream?





·        Cynthia Rowley Beauty Brightening Illuminator - The full size of this Birchbox exclusive comes in a pen, but this sample arrived in a small squeeze tube.  I have really been into highlighters lately, so I was really looking forward to trying this out.  So far, my initial impression has been mixed.  One day I had to keep applying to be able to notice any highlight at all.  The next day, there was lots of highlight on initial application, but it seems to have faded throughout the day, even after setting.  What highlighters do you recommend?

So, a decent box but not great.  Like I mentioned during a recent survey for Birchbox, I was a little disappointed in the ratio between makeup to skincare in this box.

What’s your favorite subscription service?

If you’re not currently subscribed to Birchbox, you can check it out here (my referral link).

No comments:

Post a Comment