Monday, May 4, 2015

Favorites - April 2015

Yay!  Way more favorites than disappointments again this month...

Favorites 



Lips: Sephora Rouge Lipstick in Decollete - When the makeup artist first showed me this color during my Sephora makeover, I was VERY skeptical.  It was so bright!  And so pink!  And SO not me!  And then she put it on me, and we all agreed that I needed to get it.  It is bright, and it is pink, but there is also a hint of coral.  It is definitely a blue-based color, and I found I like wearing it with my teal shirts.  What lip colors have you been loving this month?

Eyes: Mary Kay Whipped Eye Color in Tiki Hut - I love my cream eyeshadows, but this has the most unique mousse-like texture I’ve ever felt.  I have found it to be an incredibly versatile color; I like to wear it sheer in the crease, or built up as a single lid color.  It works well as a transition color for me, or I can wear it as a base color for a more complex look.  I picked this up during my Mary Kay haul for my birthday.

Face (color): ColourPop Super Shock Cheek in Trickery - I discussed this in my ColourPop haul post here.  Love this light peachy color that comes out so naturally on me.

Face (base): Mary Kay CC Cream in Very Light- I have truly used this every day since I’ve gotten it.  This is a great intermediate between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation.  It gives fairly light coverage that can be built somewhat, but I tend to leave it sheer and top it with concealer.  It does have SPF, which is helpful as an added layer of protection on top of my Mary Kay Day Serum and Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer.  I also picked this up during my birthday Mary Kay haul.

Fragrance: BBW Sleep Lavender Chamomile Pillow Mist - I have been loving this light aromatherapy scent from BBW.  Two sprays of this fine mist are all I need to cover my pillow, and I sometimes add another to the top part of my body pillow.  The aroma isn’t overwhelming, doesn’t linger, and is one that my husband can still handle.  What’s your favorite BBW fragrance?

Book / Movie: None - Seen a bunch, read a bunch, but nothing really stood out.  Although, I will say they did a great job paying respect to Paul Walker at the end of Furious 7.  Any suggestions for what I should read/listen to next?


TV: Orphan Black and Game of Thrones - April saw the return of two shows I wait all year for, so how could I pick between them?  By now, I think everyone has heard of the phenomenon behind HBO’s Game of Thrones, and if the themselves are not obsessed with it, they know someone who is.
Orphan Black, on the other hand, is the little BBC show that could.  Start watching this show from the beginning, and it will suck you in, thanks to the unbelievable acting of Tatiana Maslany.  I don’t want to say too much, but check it out and you will be joining the #CloneClub.  Who’s your favorite sestra?

Other Favorites: Lip Sync Battle on Spike; Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Light Neutral; NARS Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella; audiobooks; ColourPop duochrome eyeshadows; Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo eyeshadow in Apricot Glow; funky colored hair!

On to the disappointments... It Cosmetics No-Tug Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Black-Brown (feels surprisingly dry and really difficult to remove); Keratherapy Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner (used together they make my hair really greasy)

No comments:

Post a Comment