Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Birchbox - May 2015


Birchbox teamed up with Cupcakes and Cashmere this month to create a very cute box.  


In addition to curating this month’s boxes, the founder Emily Schuman noted some of her favorite beauty products, provided a recipe from her new book, and offered some special deals for both her magazine and newest book.

Harvey Prince Sea Salt Texturizing Mist – I have really liked what sea salt sprays do for my hair, and I have liked every scent I have received from Harvey Prince, so I am really looking forward to using this.

Marcelle Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel – This gel moisturizer seems to be unscented and absorbs quickly.  This does not have SPF and they recommend using it in the morning, so I will need to make sure to use a separate sunscreen with this.  What is your HG daytime moisturizer?  Do you use one with SPF or do you use separate sunscreen?




Pixi Beauty Fairy Dust in Honey Glaze – This loose powder eyeshadow reminds me of another I received in an Ipsy bag.  I’ve seen this in stores before and was intrigued, but I like being able to try it this way.  The color is nice and should be a good base color, although it did take several passes in the swatch for it to be really visible.  The wand in the lid makes this loose powder relatively easy to use.  Do you like using loose powders?

Prescriptives Super Line Preventor Xtreme – This is a serum that is supposed to minimize wrinkles and protect against signs of aging.  This has a little bit of an odd scent and is very thick.  One thing I wasn’t expecting when I opened this was that the serum itself is rather orange-y pink, which I hadn’t seen before.


Tocca Isabel Eau de Parfum – This scent seems to be everywhere right now.  Birchbox says that it has hints of rose, orange, and amber.  I did try this once and wasn’t a huge fan.  The rose was very overpowering to me.  But I did smell the orange coming through, so I will give it another shot.
Overall, while the box was cure, I was somewhat underwhelmed with it this month.  I am looking forward to using the texturizing mist and Fairy Dust, but the others are just meh.  I’m sure most things will get used, but this was definitely not my best box.

How was your Birchbox this month?  What was your favorite item?

Not signed up for Birchbox yet?  Check it out here (my referral link).

No comments:

Post a Comment