Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The One Makeup Item I Can’t Live Without

Most people who love makeup say they can’t live without something like foundation, maybe concealer.  Some say lip products (lipstick, lip gloss, etc.).

Not me.  Nuh-uh.  Nope.
The eyeliners I carry with me every day.  I like my options :)

Me, I can’t live without my eyeliner.

I remember the day I realized it.  It was the day before my 26th birthday (yes, I’m old) and I had a baby at home.  This was before I wore makeup every day, even at work.  I looked in the mirror and realized, aghast, that I looked DEAD!

Needless to say, I rushed inside and put on some makeup.  And when I did that, I realized that the one item that made all the difference was the eyeliner. 

It made me look more awake and put together.  It made my eyes pop from behind my glasses.  It brought the whole look together for whatever I was wearing.

Over the years, I've experimented, and I keep playing with my eyeliner.  I've picked up new colors, new forms, new techniques.  There are still things that I don’t think look good on me personally (winged eyeliner), and ones that I think I may have recently figured out a way to make work (black eyeliner).  What's your favorite eyeliner look?

My home eyeliner collection
I don't really have a favorite, but I do have some preferences.  I tend to use pencils the most due to their portability and versatility.  And I BY FAR prefer automatic ones (I can just never get them to sharpen right).  I do also like gel eyeliners, but tend to only use them at home, which severely limits my use.  Do you have an eyeliner you swear by?

With everyone's crazy schedules, there's bound to be days when we don't look our best.  But you know it’s a really bad day when I don’t have my eyeliner on.

What one makeup item can you not live without?


No comments:

Post a Comment