Friday, May 29, 2015

First MAC Lipstick!


Since I first saw pictures of the newest MAC collection, Wash and Dry, I’ve been intrigued.  First off, the packaging is amazing!  Even though I know how to make this type of color design on metal, I love the rainbow metallic look.  Also, some of the eyeliner swatches looked to be almost duochrome when I saw them online, so I knew I needed to check them out in person.

The Wash and Dry collection was in stock and right at the front of the store.  The packaging was amazing, but not enough for me to get anything, and the eyeliners unfortunately weren’t what I wanted.  Did you pick anything up from the collection?  Comment below!


There were plenty of sales associates around who checked to see if they could help but were not pressuring, which was really nice.  One was a huge help, and made my whole experience very enjoyable.  I posed the question: If you could only have one lipstick, which would it be?  After giving him some guidelines (not super pale nude, not frosty), he came up with two MLBB options that both went with the lip liner Soar.  I picked the slightly darker Brave to try on, and it was AMAZING!

He also did a great job color matching me for foundation.  He picked the Mineralize Moisture foundation after discussing my skin type with me, and tried a few colors to determine that I was NW15, which was also confirmed by another passing sales associate.  What MAC foundation do you prefer?


All in all, I had a great experience, bought my first MAC products, and got color matched to boot.  I look forward to really putting my lipstick to the test and seeing if it lives up to the hype.

What was your first MAC lipstick?  What’s your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment