Monday, June 1, 2015

Favorites - May 2015

This month, most things I've used have been somewhat so-so; not overly great, but not horrible either.  I was also trying to use up several things that were just OK before moving on, so that limited my selection.  However, here were a few that stood out... 

Favorites


Lips: NYX Lip Primer in Nude – For being a relatively inexpensive product, this has totally changed my lip routine.  I had been having a real problem with bleeding and feathering, sometimes with lipsticks but especially with glosses.  I don’t typically use lip liner, though I’m starting to try more of them.  This goes onto my lips very sheer, but I can definitely tell I have something on.  My glosses then stay really well, even really pigmented ones.  I must say, I’m impressed!  Do you use lip primers?  Are you a lip liner fan?

Eyes: Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Duo Eyeshadow in Apricot Glow – I have been thoroughly impressed with this eyeshadow.  Good color and NO fallout!  While I haven’t used this a ton (more due to how the colors look on me than anything else), I am so impressed with the formula of these shadows.  What is you go-to eyeshadow?

Face: Benefit Rockateur – Since picking up the small magnetic needle cases, I have been carrying this with me non-stop.  It gives me a nice pink slush, but it’s really hard for me to go overboard even though I’m not overly comfortable with powder blushes.  Right now, when I use a powder blush, this is it.  Do you prefer powder or cream blushes?

Fragrance: Harvey Prince Hello – I picked up a purse spray in a travel set from Birchbox (separate post to come), and have already used up probably a quarter of it over the past month.  I have really enjoyed all of the Harvey Prince scents I’ve tried, so adding more than just a sample of this has been quite fun.

Hair: It’s A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product – This has been great while trying to sort out hair issues this month.  A light spritz of this on shampooed hair let me get a brush through almost as well as an in-shower conditioner.

Book: Eragon series by Christopher Paolini – I know I’m late to the party on this one, but I have really been enjoying listening to this series this month.  I finished Eragon and immediately downloaded the second book, Eldest.  I am glad that I listened to these with how complex the story is, and the reader is excellent.  Have you read any good books lately?  Do you listen to books at all?

Movie: Pitch Perfect 2 – I saw several really good movies this month, but this one came out on top because of the amazing singing.  There were plenty of laughs and an OK story, but I don’t think it was as good as the first.  However, there were plenty of points when I laughed out loud, and the ending made me cry.

TV: Lip Sync Battle – If you have not seen this Spike show yet, you are seriously missing out.  This has become the highlight of our Thursday nights, and we watch the reruns constantly.  My favorite episodes are the Anne Hathaway vs. Emily Blunt and the Jimmy Fallon vs. The Rock.  Go pull up some YouTube videos, then tune in Thursdays at 10pm.

On to the disappointments... 

Supergoop Eye Cream (not moisturizing at all); Shea Moisture 10-in-1 Renewal System Shampoo (left my hair feeling greasy no matter what I did); Caress Adore Forever Body Wash (don't love the smell and doesn't refresh like it says it should)

Shout out some of your May favorites in the comments below, and subscribe or follow so you don't miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment