Monday, June 15, 2015

Empties - May 2015

Sorry for the delay in getting this out.  My family and I have been sick, so I haven't gotten any writing done over the past week.  But I finally got some pictures edited and this post finished, so hopefully things will be back on schedule.

If there are any types of posts you would like to see from me, let me know in the comments.  Thanks!

 Makeup

·Avon Beyond Color Lip Exfoliator – Full Size from Avon.  Honestly, I am so glad to finally be using this up.  It didn’t feel very gritty to me, so I didn’t think the scrubbing was all that great, and this was one that had to be wiped off, not consumed.  It doesn’t appear that this is available anymore, but I would not repurchase this.  Repurchase: No.
·Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Boost Mascara – Full Size from Ulta.  I picked this up as an inexpensive mascara to keep at home to use as a weekend mascara.  And I must say, as a $3 mascara, this turned out to be pretty darn good.  It gave a good amount of color and volume, and only recently started to flake after many months of use.  Repurchase: Yes.
·Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - Sample size from Smashbox kit received as a gift.  This seems to be a decent primer, and I’m actually still using a bigger size in another location.  I don’t like it as much as the Benefit Pore-fessional, but it’s decent enough to keep using what I have.  I don’t know if I’d buy it on its own, though.    Purchase: No.
 Face Care

·Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Wipes – Full Size from CVS.  I had picked these up when I switched all of my face and skin care to Aveeno.  Unfortunately, I was not a huge fan.  I thought the wipes themselves were rough and they weren’t the best I’ve used to remove makeup.  Repurchase: No.
·The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover – Full Size from The Body Shop.  I picked this up the last time I ran out of eye makeup remover.  It worked well, but I had to be careful not to use too much or it would seriously sting my eyes.  Repurchase: Maybe.
·Clinique All About Eyes – Deluxe Sample from Sephora.  I love this eye cream.  It is moisturizing yet light and lasts all day.  Purchase: Yes. Already have.
·Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream – Sample from Target.  This was a nice face cream, but I didn’t think it was anything overly special.  It was moisturizing but not overly greasy.  However, I do really like Neutrogena products, and they seem to treat my skin well, so I may pick this up in the future.  Purchase: Maybe.
·Yes to Carrots Nourishing Fragrance Free Gentle Cleansing Wipes – Full Size from Birchbox.  I picked this up from the online Birchbox store to round out an order to ensure free shipping.  These were average wipes, though the cloths themselves seemed to be rather rougher than others.  Like other Yes To wipes, these irritated my skin, though less so than others.  Repurchase: No.
 Fragrance

·Boucheron Place Vendome Eau de Parfum – Sample from Macy’s.  This smells like a traditional perfume to me.  It’s not offensive, but it’s also not something I’d usually go for.  Macy’s describes this as “a floriental woody fragrance”, so basically a little bit of everything.  Purchase: No.
·Chloe Eau de Parfum and Chloe Love Story Eau de Parfum – Sample cards from Sephora.  These were actually really nice.  Both were kind of sweet and fruity, and lasted fairly well.  Purchase: Maybe.
·Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Eau de Toilette Spray – Sample from Sephora.  As I’ve mentioned before, I have enjoyed all of the Marc Jacobs fragrances I’ve used, and this was no exception.  I don’t currently own any Daisy fragrances, but that may need to change.  Purchase: Yes.
 Hair Care

·Circle of Friends Rosa’s Raspberry Conditioner – Full Size from Ulta.  I picked this conditioner up quite a while ago to keep in her swim bag.  I like the idea of this product line, but the conditioner itself was just ok.  Repurchase: No.
 Other

·BBW Pocketbac in Rio Samba Sunset – Travel size from BBW.  Love the product, love the scent.  Repurchase: Yes, if available the next time I need it.
·Degree MotionSense Invisible Solid Antiperspirant and Deodorant in Shower Clean – Full Size from Target.  This is my HG deodorant.  Repurchase: Yes.  Already have.
Giveups
·Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Shampoo – Travel size from Target.  I received this in my Spring Target Beauty Box.  No matter what I did, no matter how I used this or what other products I used with it, I felt greasy after using this.  Purchase: No.

·Supergoop Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream – Sample from Birchbox.  I was really excited when I saw this in Birchbox because I use eye cream twice a day.  I started using this in the morning due to the SPF and really didn’t like it.  My undereye area felt very dry, drier than the rest of my face even though I applied my facial moisturizer after.  I finally just gave up.  This isn’t the first time I have been disappointed in Supergoop products.  Purchase: No.
Did you use up anything good this month that you think I should try?  Shout out in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment