Monday, May 11, 2015

Empties - April 2015

I know this is a little late, but here are my empties from April...


Makeup
• Benefit Roller Lash Mascara - Sample from Sephora.  I have waxed poetic about this mascara, even wrote an entire post dedicated to it.  Spoiler alert: I loved it!  This just barely started to flake about a month and a half into using the sample.  I decided to pack it in then, but I really wish I hadn’t.  I’ve been recommending this to everyone. :) Like I said before, te biggest problem I have with it is the price.  Purchase: Probably.


Face Care
• Aveeno Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes - Full Size.  At this point, I’ve tried a lot of wipes, and I’ve gotten kind of picky.  These were OK, but the wipe itself was a little harsh and scratchy on my eyes.  Also, these didn’t seem to remove eye makeup as well as my beloved Neutrogena ones.  These did have a light lemony scent which, though unexpected, was pleasant.  Repurchase: No.
• The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream - Full Size.  This is the second jar that I have finished, and it still works very well.  However, now after seeing the dermatologist, I may not need the intense moisture formula and may try the regular version in the future.  Purchase: Maybe.
• Garnier Ultra-Lift Miracle Sleeping Cream Night Cream - Rippy Packet Magazine Sample.  This moisturizer was actually rather nice, and I was surprised that I could get two uses from a sample out of a magazine.  It did have a bit of a strong scent that I can’t quite place, almost like a flowery hair spray.  Not exactly something I want to apply to my face right before bed.  Purchase: No.
• Sephora Instant Depuffing Gel - Deluxe Sample from Sephora.  This was the eye gel that would not end!  I swear, for 2 weeks I thought that I only had 1 night’s worth left, then it kept going, and going, and going...  The gel itself was OK, though I do tend to like creams better.  Purchase: No.
• Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels - Full Size.  I got two packs of these in Ipsy, and they are actually really nice.  They stick well, are easy to reposition, and last for a lot longer than the recommended 10 minutes.  After using them, my under-eye area felt firmer, like I had recently been using a mask.  Purchase: Maybe.


Skincare
• BBW Sky Violet Lily Shower Gel (scent not available online) - Full Size.  Per the hubby: Nice refreshing scent kind of like flying through the clouds without that falling to your death thing.  The bottle was real awesome and it dispenses the soap well.  The only draw back is that it is strong.  One drop of this stuff is like one and a half drop of another body wash.  Still once you get used to that it worked out real well.


Fragrance
• Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black - Sample from Sephora.  See below.
• Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black and White - Sample card from Sephora.  I love these fragrances, especially Black, and actually own rollerballs of both.  I will continue to use any sample I get.  Purchase: Already own.
• Lady Gaga Fame Black Fluid - Sample from Walmart.  I was impressed with this fragrance.  It was a decent scent and stayed on well throughout the day.  I may have found another one to try!  Purchase: Yes.
• Marc Jacobs Daisy - Sample card from Sephora.  I have found that I really like Marc Jacobs fragrances.  Right now, I own Honey and the kiddo has Dot, so I make sure to get samples of the others whenever I can.  I do wish they lasted longer; by mid-day I can’t smell them anymore.  Purchase: Yes.
• Stella McCartney Stella - Sample card from Sephora.  Ugh!  This gagged me all day!  I’m not a huge fan of totally floral scents, and that’s what this is.  If this hadn’t been a single-use sample, it would have been a give-up.  Not for me.  Purchase: No.


Hair Care
• Harvey Prince Hello Shampoo and Conditioner - Sample Size from Birchbox.  I have really been enjoying the Hello line, and actually most things I receive from Harvey Prince.  This holds true for the Hello Shampoo and Conditioner.  The products themselves are nothing special, but the scent envelopes you and starts your day on the right note.  I’ve already bought a travel set with these, a body wash, lotion, and the fragrance.  Purchase: Already have.
• Hask Argan Oil Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner - Rippy Packet samples from Ulta.  This shampoo and conditioner were OK, nothing super special.  They did seem a little extra slippery, which I figure is from the argan oil.  Purchase: No.
• Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray - Full Size.  I’d been wanting to try a sea salt spray for a while, but always thought they weren’t worth the money since they were just salt and water.  I wound up finding this one at a reasonable price an decided to give it a shot.  I love what it does to my hair, leaving it with defined curls like a gel but not crunchy at all.  Repurchase: Yes.


Other
• BBW Tiger Eye Pocket Bac (scent not available online) - Travel Size.  If you’ve read any of my previous empties, you know that I go through these like water.  This scent, however, was not one of my favorites.  It was mostly orange, but there was something else in there that just didn’t seem right.  Repurchase: product-yes, scent-no.


Giveups
• Benefit Ultraplush Lip Gloss in Sugarbomb - Sample from Birchbox.   I’m actually really sad about this one, and wouldn’t have given up on this willingly.  Unfortunately, I lost this while out one day; it just fell out of my pocket.  Purchase: Maybe.
• Dolce & Gabbana Dolce - Sample Size from either Macy’s or Sephora.  This fragrance was another one that gagged me the entire day I wore it.  Unlike Stella, however, it was more than a single-use sample.  I’m going to see if anyone else wants to use it, otherwise it’s going in the trash.  Purchase: No.
• Ulta Dual Ended Eyeliner in Brown/Black (not available online) - Full Size.  I used this for quite a while, but finally got too frustrated with it smearing.  It just never fully set.  Luckily I didn’t actually purchase this but got it free in a “goodie” bag.  Purchase: No.
• Wet ‘n Wild Travel Straight Eyeliner Brush - Full Size.  I had gotten this in one of my first brush sets at 5 Below.  However, now that I’ve used other brushes, I can truly say that this is painful to use.  So painful that I need to get rid of it.  Repurchase: No.

What have you finished up this month?  Are ou participating in something like Project Pan, or just trying to use some things up?

No comments:

Post a Comment