Monday, May 18, 2015

Ipsy - May 2015



Ipsy sent us traveling in May 2015, or at least prepared us to travel in style.  The theme this month was Jetsetter, and my bag really fit the bill to prep me for that.

Let me start by saying… the bag this month is so cute!  And oh so true!  This may become my new makeup bag.  J The bag itself is relatively simple since it really is just a reinforced white canvas bag, but it seems pretty sturdy and it doesn’t feel like the design will disintegrate.

I said before that the products I received prepped me to jetset.  The 5 products were very well rounded and, with just a few other things, you really could jet off with this bag.  It has several multitaskers and many items people would consider essentials.



·         Chella Tantalizing Taupe Eyebrow Color – This is a super skinny pencil in a nice cool shade that seems like it would work on most people.  This is a product that I’d call a multitasker because, in a pinch, you could probably use it as an eyeliner.  Have you ever tried a Chella eyebrow product before?

·         CoTZ Face Sunscreen – I have been using Cotz products for years, and they are very good sunscreens.  This one looks very orange coming out of the tube but sheers out completely.  It leaves skin feeling soft, not sticky or greasy.  I can see this working well under makeup, almost like a primer, or even possibly in place of a tinted moisturizer.  What is your favorite sunscreen?


·         Luxie 205 Tapered Blending Brush – This brush is SO soft!  I look forward to using it for blending and crease work.

·         Peter Lamas Naturals Detoxifying Citrus C Facial Cleanser – I love the scent of this facial cleanser.  I can totally see the orange aroma waking me up in the morning.  And really, who says you can’t indulge yourself with this sample and use it for more than just your face to give your whole body an invigorating wakeup?

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Ozone – What’s funny is, I actually just bought the NYX lip primer the day before this came.  I’m loving that one under glosses; hopefully this will work just as well.  I always thought this was a standard clear lip liner?

 Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Lipgloss in Failbait and Bittersweet – These have intrigued me since they came out recently, so I am thrilled to have a sample!  I do wish they were in different packaging, because I find foil blister packs for lip products difficult to deal with.  Like any lip product, this can also be used as a blush.  Did you pick any of these up yet?  Which is your favorite color?

Overall, I love my Ipsy bag this month.  I think it is very well-rounded and think I’ll get good use out of everything here.

How was your Ipsy bag?  What was your favorite item?


If you haven’t signed up for Ipsy yet (just $10 a month!), click here (my referral link).

No comments:

Post a Comment